• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How About Custom Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Title.

You know how in Brawl you can add alter tracks using My Music? Well, it's the same here. Only this time with actual music.
Lets say you have this on the Sound app of your 3DS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCf0fOe-Nj4
And you want to put it on a stage (let's say "Test Stage No. 1"). You'd simply need to go into My Music, and you'll see an option called "Import Music". Click on the option, and after importing it will appear in the "Import Section" menu. After that, you just simply go to back into My Music, go to "Custom Stages", and add that to T.S. No. 1s music roster, and it should play from now on (you'd also be able to do this with Stage Builder).
So how does this go into the Wii U? Well, assuming there still doing the connectivity thing. You would most likely be able to import the custom music from your DS onto the Wii U and use it the same way for stages on the Wii U version.

Tl;Dr version: There will be an option that allows you to import music from the 3DS sound app, and put it on any stage. You then would be able to put that music on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know that in Stage Builder you can add in music from My Music, well, it's the same here. Only this time with actual music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCf0fOe-Nj4
And you want to put it on some stage (let's say Battlefield). First, you need to go into My Music, and there will be an option called "Import Music", Click on the option and after downloading it would simply appear in the "Import Section" menu. After that, you just simply go to back into My Music, go to "Smash Bros Stages", and add that to Battlefield's music roster, and it should play from now on.
So how does this work for the Wii U? Assuming there still planning the connectivity thing, you would likely be able to import your custom music onto the Wii U and use it the same way for stages on the Wii U version.

Tl;Dr version: There will be an option that allows you to import music from the 3DS sound app, and put it on any stage. You then would be able to put that music on the Wii U.
That would defeat the purpose of having to put music into the game, as players could just put what they thought would fit into stages.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That would defeat the purpose of having to put music into the game, as players could just put what they thought would fit into stages.
Not really, you need something to fill the gap in the first place, as I doubt most players would look at the game and make "putting music in a stage" the first on their list of things to do.
And there's the fact that there are people that like the music just as it is. It's optional, and knowing Nintendo, they'll make an option to disable custom music online.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Sounds fine to me. I probably wouldn't use it as I tend to not pay too much attention to the music, but it would be a nice feature for those who wanted it.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it could be an unlockable feature after collecting every song that was composed for the game.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Is this confirmed that you can import your audio files into the Wii U, and then import them into SSB4?(if so can you source it)

Unless it is, it's just wishful thinking. I'm sure within a couple weeks someone will mod/hack SSB4 so someone could import your audio files though.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
If we could put our own audio files in to the game the first thing I would do is put all of the cornered themes from Phoenix Wright in.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Title.

You know that in Stage Builder you can add alter tracks from My Music, well, it's the same here. Only this time with actual music.
And you want to put it on some stage (let's say Battlefield). First, you need to go into My Music, and there will be an option called "Import Music", Click on the option and after downloading it would simply appear in the "Import Section" menu. After that, you just simply go to back into My Music, go to "Smash Bros Stages", and add that to Battlefield's music roster, and it should play from now on.
So how does this work for the Wii U? Assuming there still planning the connectivity thing, you would likely be able to import your custom music onto the Wii U and use it the same way for stages on the Wii U version.

Not bad

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I mean I'm not 100% sure how you would access them, but I feel like any SD card should be able to hold an MP3, WAV, what have you

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
This idea's pretty cool to me, but I think it should be unlockable and only for custom stages. Would love to put some Metal Gear Rising songs in Smash.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Being able to change the soundtrack to the Dynasty Warrior soundtrack would make me a very happy gamer.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I really don't like this idea.
I get that people want to put whatever tunes they want in the game, but I feel as if that would take away from the uniqueness of each stage. The beauty of My Music was that it provided a nice selection of music unique to each stage! Being able to use any song you want takes away from the creativity of each stages' personal songlist. The songs are chosen for a reason; they are fitting, iconic, unique, and memorable to that specific stage.
That, and, the fact that anybody would simply be able to import a Nickelback song onto Final Destination really irks me

Justin Bailey

Smash Cadet
I feel like this would kill the vibe of stages if we could import any song we'd like, however I wouldn't mind this feature if it were for custom stages.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I feel like this would kill the vibe of stages if we could import any song we'd like, however I wouldn't mind this feature if it were for custom stages.
Custom Stages could work as well.
...Actually, that sounds like a a better idea...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
This is one of those really cool ideas that Nintendo would never do, and y'know, I actually would support them in that, simply because I imagine if they ever included that feature, they'd forego composing a whole bunch of awesome new remixes like they did with Brawl. The music was one of my favorite things about the game.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
This is one of those really cool ideas that Nintendo would never do, and y'know, I actually would support them in that, simply because I imagine if they ever included that feature, they'd forego composing a whole bunch of awesome new remixes like they did with Brawl. The music was one of my favorite things about the game.
In my opinion the music may have been the best thing Brawl had to offer

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
As long as it's only for custom stages, I'm cool with it. As Tornado_Man said, playing Smash to some MGR... I would feel f***ing invincibleeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom