• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about Boo?

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Yes boo would be the best choice for brawl over toad and bowser jr but I never heard of geno so idk

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think boo would be great he's my favorite nintendo character .But he probably will be an assist trophy
Yes boo would be the best choice for brawl as an assist trophy over toad and bowser jr but I never heard of geno so idk
You Guys make me SICK.

Boo = ASSIST TROPHY

Oh and Boricuaboy, Toad was deconfirmed as Peach's defense again. Bowser Jr. is still in the state of being possible but unlikely.
And in Bold, i put something you SHOULD have said in your posts.

Being a Generic Enemy + Not a Big character (There is the Big 8) + Used only for Filler spots in the spinoffs + Not to mention no legs + How would THEY (Keyword: They) Fall when they are FLOATING ABOVE THE GROUND: FAIL AT PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN SMASH.

Same goes with King Boo, though just not the Generic Enemy part of the Equation.

/end of Boo fan dream crushing AGAIN

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I would love Boo for Brawl, I absolutely, positively support the idea, but it's so unlikely. Boo is a generic enemy in the Mario universe along with Koopa Troopa's, Goomba's and many others. Why should he get the special treatment? Sure, there may be a King Boo, but there were also other bosses using the basic design of a Goomba (Paper Mario), and even a Koopa Troopa (Super Mario 64.)

Don't get me wrong, I would love Boo to be a candidate for Brawl, because he's my favorite Mario enemy, but I'm just thinking logically here.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
I would love Boo for Brawl, I absolutely, positively support the idea, but it's so unlikely. Boo is a generic enemy in the Mario universe along with Koopa Troopa's, Goomba's and many others. Why should he get the special treatment? Sure, there may be a King Boo, but there were also other bosses using the basic design of a Goomba (Paper Mario), and even a Koopa Troopa (Super Mario 64.)

Don't get me wrong, I would love Boo to be a candidate for Brawl, because he's my favorite Mario enemy, but I'm just thinking logically here.
I see what you are saying, however, Boo has been much more important then gombas or koopas. He has been in many more games then they. He is even his own character in the more recent mario parties. However, i think it would be better if King Boo was a boss

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
You Guys make me SICK.

Boo = ASSIST TROPHY

Oh and Boricuaboy, Toad was deconfirmed as Peach's defense again. Bowser Jr. is still in the state of being possible but unlikely.
And in Bold, i put something you SHOULD have said in your posts.

Being a Generic Enemy + Not a Big character (There is the Big 8) + Used only for Filler spots in the spinoffs + Not to mention no legs + How would THEY (Keyword: They) Fall when they are FLOATING ABOVE THE GROUND: FAIL AT PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN SMASH.

Same goes with King Boo, though just not the Generic Enemy part of the Equation.

/end of Boo fan dream crushing AGAIN
So every pokemon there are, are generic except legendaries but jiggs pika and pichu got in smash and yoshi has been in all (not saying thats bad)the games.. Id pick King boo if you think Boos are too generic we need more supporters for boo they are the best!!!

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, let's include a basic cannon-fodder enemy from the Mario games as a character. While we're at it, let's add in a Goomba and a Koopa Troopa while we're at it! Sure, they'd die in one hit, but they'd be so cool, for unexplainable reasons! :cool:

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes, let's include a basic cannon-fodder enemy from the Mario games as a character. While we're at it, let's add in a Goomba and a Koopa Troopa while we're at it! Sure, they'd die in one hit, but they'd be so cool, for unexplainable reasons! :cool:
Boos never died in one hit if your comparing it to goomba and koopa troopa and if you played mario party 6 he is a choosable character

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Boos never died in one hit if your comparing it to goomba and koopa troopa and if you played mario party 6 he is a choosable character
I'm well aware of this.

Maybe it's just one way for Nintendo to make you continuously buy every Mario Party game?

The last one I bought was Mario Party 3. You could play as a Thwomp or a Koopa in it - does that automatically mean they should be in Brawl?

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
If it was king boo he could be in hes not generic he was the boss at the end of luigis mansion and i didnt say he should be in brawl I wanted him in.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Boo would not be a bad idea, coincidering he is entering all other Mario Games (I mean getting intergrated for a second time starting with SMK:DD)

TheOneMaster

Smash Rookie
hi totally agree that boo should be in brawl(or king boo) as it would bring a brand new and entertaining fighting style to the game :)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I could see Boo or King Boo as an AT or Boss enemy.
He deserves SOMETHING in the game...

WhenJigglypuffsAttack

Smash Cadet
Unlike characters like Goombas and Koopa Troopas, Boos have been playable in several games, including Mario Parties 4-8, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Tennis, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Mario Strikers Charged.

The "No feet" thing really isn't that problematic. Some of the shorter character are too low for some attacks, so it shouldn't be that horrible to make him too high off the ground for select lower attacks.

Honestly it’s still unlikely, though King Boo may have a slightly higher chance of being included than a regular Boo. And that is still pretty unlikely, though I would love Boo to be a playable character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Unlike characters like Goombas and Koopa Troopas, Boos have been playable in several games, including Mario Parties 4-8, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Tennis, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Mario Strikers Charged.
Koopa Troopas have been playable in:
Karts: Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart Wii
Golf: Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Tennis: Mario's Tennis, Mario Power Tennis
Party: 4
Baseball: Mario Superstar Baseball
Soccer: Super Mario Football, Super Mario Strikers Charged Football
Other: Mario Excite Bike

So that means Koopa Troopas have been playable in 11 games and Boos have been playable in 9. You were saying?

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I think boo would be a great addition to brawl, and hes a tad retro just for fun! Hes also excellent because he's nintendo owned, meaning he dosen't take up that third party slot!(Geno would get it anyway,hopefully)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ehhhh...not feeling this Boo for brawl thing.

I'd go for a haunted house stage that had Boos in it though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

here are some cool alternate outfit possibilites.... I made a moveset a while back, but then NSider got scrapped so it's gone unless I search my other computer for it.... I remember he attacked with his tongue a lot, and for his throws, he posessed the "grabbed" character.

He has no chance, but it would be a waste not to post my work...

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
boo is a generic enemy, i don't think he could manage to do it

And blooper and hammer.bro are also playable in mario party and that does'n give them much of a chance

superorange

Smash Rookie
I doubt a Boo will make it, but I could see Bow or King Boo making it. Perhaps a Paper Mario team, with a Pokemon Trainer-like setup could include Bow...hm...

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I like the moveset, and I like the ideas. I also think, if there's one or two more character slots dedicated to the Mario franchise this time around, which is a fairly safe bet, that Boo or King Boo has a decent chance of taking that slot, if nothing else than as a WTF character. They've been playable in several games, they've been boss characters in more than a few, and they even had an entire game to themselves at one point. King Boo is practically Luigi's Bowser.

If Luigi shows up with a Poltergust 3000 on his back and with a Luigi's Mansion stage, I'd be disappointed if a Boo didn't make the cut.

Top Bottom