• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attempt at Wit How 2 Git Gud! (an actual guide on getting good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddly Cat

Smash Rookie
Are you tired of playing like a noob? Wanna learn how to play like the pros instead of just using Forward Smash, Forward Tilt, and Forward Aerial? Are you dissatisfied with Dash Attack being your only good burst option? Well then, strap in your seatbelts, cuz i'm gonna take you on a journey through...

The 'How 2 Git Gud' Exercise!

Here's the gist of it; No Dash Attacks (no dashing in general), no jabbing, no rolling, no air-dodges, and no F-whatevers. This exercise applies to every Smash game, but considering there's no "Forums > All Games" category, i decided to post it here since most of the players in Ultimate aren't campers who sweat up their mom's basement doing every true combo there is until the end of your existence is inevitable (I'm looking at you, 3DS players).

Since a quarter of your moveset is gone, you'll need to use whatever else you got in order to make up for it. Dashing is for noobs; Instead, you should only tap the stick for the initial dash, allowing for fast yet precise movement. Walking and crawling allow you to microspace, which is spacing but on a microscopic level. You will need to master spacing by both utilizing your newfound movement options and your two Tilt-Attacks, Upwards and Downwards. These will be your new combo starters, and combined with dashing and microspacing will help you weed out any sweaty tryhards you find on your journey to becoming a pro.

Sheik Luigi is the best fighter to train with because:
  • He's a martial artist (nevermind his Forward Smash being one of only two indicators of this)
  • He can crawl, allowing him to Down-Tilt while moving and duck under certain attacks and projectiles. Ducking is no cowardly thing!
  • Speaking of, he's brave, which means he fights on despite his fears; Unlike Mario, who's simply fearless... And emotionless...
  • One of his taunts can be used both to humiliate people hanging on ledges and to humiliate people who spam counters in your face
  • He's actually a man, and not just a sekushi tomboi
As Luigi, your goal is very simple: Never move, unless you need to; Shield, and spot-dodge only to evade your enemy's grasp; Only grab when you can combo, tech-chase, or K.O. your enemy; Never use the same special move twice, unless you need to; And have fun :D

Remember, this is just an exercise! You are doing this exercise to become better, not to become the very thing you swore to destroy; Keep that in mind, as you are the honorable Luigi. Once you get the exercise down to a T, you can move onto other fighters, preferably those with good neutral games to begin with. As time goes on, you will be more accustomed to utilizing your entire moveset; Down-Smashes with their ability to completely shut-down rolling tryhards, and using your shield to actually block attacks so you can punish them properly. I hope this helps you... A ton of sweaty 3DS nerds need to be converted into Courteous Captains...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I appreciate multiple parts of your thread, but under varying considerations.
Unfortunately one of those considerations is as a mod, I hope you understand.
Thanks for the chuckle too.

locked almost too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom