• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hovering/Floating Glitch

Horde

Smash Rookie
I'm not entirely sure how to explain this, and unfortunately I have no video of it, but it's happened several times, and I can't stop thinking about what could be causing it. To explain what "it" is, I should probably give a little backstory. Earlier today, my friend/training partner and I were playing Melee, Fox/Falco (if it's relevant, we were playing in 20XX 4.05) and there were multiple instances, I want to say three, where he would be pillaring me, and when he would shine, I wouldn't enter normal hitstun, I just kind of floated away. It looked like I was falling up, essentially. I was in the animation that I would be in if I had run off a ledge, as far as I remember, but I was moving up. Anyone that's had this happen would recognize it, it's actually rather comical to see. In fact, the last time it happened, I moved my control stick in a different direction and I just floated away in that direction. We were laughing so hard we had to pause the game. It just looks so bizarre. Unfortunately, I didn't think to jump or perform any action other than moving when it happened, I was too confused by what was happening to test anything out.

I apologize that this isn't a very clear post, but I'm genuinely not sure how to describe what was happening. We both did brief google/youtube searches for video of the glitch right after we had it occur, and I did a more extensive search about 10-15 minutes ago, and both searches turned up nothing. So, I have absolutely no idea what it is. If anyone has video of it, has had it happen, or (somehow) knows what it is/what causes it, and could let me know, that'd be amazing.

Thanks,
Horde

Pauer

The Pauerful
I wouldn't enter normal hitstun, I just kind of floated away
Stale Falco shine.
If you've hit with too many shines recently, the move can get so stale that it deals too little knockback to make you go into the tumble animation. This is what you experienced. It rarely happens since people usually get hit with other moves in between shines.
If you want to replicate it, just shine fox a bunch of times in a row and eventually that will happen again.

Top Bottom