• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston,Tx Ranking Tournament=Not Happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGM

Smash Lord
FIRST OFF! Mods, this isnt a power ranking list thing! so please dont close it.

Ok ****, some things have changed recently in the houston/area. XZalla getting 4th at EVO, Gabe getting 3rd at Dallas, Roy_R appearing to the Houston scene,Team Houston being disbanned(yes, i said it).......ect.

So, i think that we(houston players) need to meet up and have a ranking tournament. This is a tournament to see who is the best of the best in Houston, for the moment. Its not a ranking that will last forever and it will be redone anywhere from 3 to 6 months after this tournament.

PLEASE BRING TVs/Wii's/GCNs/SSBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 27th

Time: 12:00-STD(or 11pm)

Entry/Pot fee: $0.00 for 1vs1

Prize: TGM combo

Rules: Round Robin*, MLG stages/ set up.

*=Each player will play 3 match against every player in the tourney. Each match is worth 1 point. The person with the most points(wins the most matches) will be in spot 1 on the list. If there is a tie, you will play another 3 fights for just 1point to break the tie.

The results will show who is the "best" in Houston for RIGHT NOW. we will redo this later to update the list. The list will have 10 spots to be filled and the rest of the players who are after ten will not be recorded. This list will not be put on SWF due to the rules. but if you want a copy of it(for some reason) then PM me. This is a free tournament, please show up.

TGM

Smash Lord
like i said, after this one it will be redone in a few months. Each one will have point systems. over time you will be able to get a super solid list.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So uh..can non=houston people play in this? hehehe

TGM

Smash Lord
So uh..can non=houston people play in this? hehehe
if you do not live in houston, you can still show up but u will not be ranked AND you will not earn ANY money....so it will be a pretty big waste of money. but if you hylian want to show up to have our samus ditto, i will accept.

but honestly, i would like it to be just a houston thing.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
XZalla getting 4th at EVO... This is a free tournament, please show up.
Free! You found out how to bait me, eh?! Well coun't me in. :laugh:

no stress. ;>

I played really bad during dallas, got "9th", even though it's not 9th.. And I lost to bluezaft by a ****ing input! INPUT! I will use the A button for my Bairs for now on..

The Knee

Smash Apprentice
dude wtf you did mega good, 4 stock 17 percent? ****** falcoz?

and yeah this sounds awesome, allan we need to go play link guy a shizload before this thing happens

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ok ****, some things have changed recently in the houston/area. XZalla getting 4th at EVO, Gabe getting 3rd at Dallas, Roy_R appearing to the Houston scene,Team Houston being disbanned(yes, i said it).......ect.
You mention all that, but fail to mention i placed 4th in a san an tourney with Caveman, Xelic, DoH and Wobbles participating. Yes, i placed above Wobbles! :)
...which is a total fluke, but i did it nonetheless. :psycho:

</****talk-flamewar-inticement>

Sounds kinda good. I'd participate.

But you know, even after we do this, people'll ***** aout their placing. If theres one thing i know about houston, its that just about everyone there thinks they're better than everyone else.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
this is labrat... why am i on this account?

JIMMINY GEE WILLIKERS MY FIRST CHANCE TO SHINE (literally... im going all fox , **** non-top tier chatracters)

QUADRUPLE EDIT: can this tourny be moved either one saturday ahead or behind? or no? because i have work on that saturday =/

if it affects more people negatively than it does positively than i guess i understand...
but if you can, please one week ahead/behind and ill be your lover for ever

G@BE

Smash Lord
You mention all that, but fail to mention i placed 4th in a san an tourney with Caveman, Xelic, DoH and Wobbles participating. Yes, i placed above Wobbles! :)
...which is a total fluke, but i did it nonetheless. :psycho:

</****talk-flamewar-inticement>

Sounds kinda good. I'd participate.

But you know, even after we do this, people'll ***** aout their placing. If theres one thing i know about houston, its that just about everyone there thinks they're better than everyone else.
Well alex?
Do we get to participate in this becuase i mean really... we are not Houston we are Magnolia.
I would go to play but not to be in the point system.

We should just have a ranking for best magnolia players... oh wait
thats easy

1.Sethlon/G@BE
2. Bear
3. Velox

....easy simple

Velox

Smash Ace
A ranking amongst just Houston against themselves would be totally inaccurate. You need to throw in the top 10 in Texas for the ranking to mean anything at all. Hypothetically, Ronnie may be able to **** everyone in Houston, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will do better against people outside of Houston than say TGM (ie. he might not be better).

Someone done stole my avatar...

Allan's new profile makes me laugh.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, I'll see if I can come and bring a TV...location?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hey, Falco in my avatar, mm, $50, u look like u suck. I bet my Falco's better.
Careful dude, i've seen vids of that guy, he *****.

And why don't you answer your pms!?!? ...nub <.<

S'yeah, TGM, is this including just houston, or magnolia too?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Meh, the one time OK tried to base rankings off of a single event, the results were horribly inaccurate... but, rankings don't really matter anyway, so, as a start, I suppose that it's a good idea. Not that I have anything to do with it :laugh:

Velox

Smash Ace
Careful dude, i've seen vids of that guy, he *****.
heh, **** **** ****

Sethlon said:
And why don't you answer your pms!?!? ...nub <.<
I did answer it on AIM, but I guess u didn't see it, I thought u were just AFK. My internet is kind of spotty... so spotty in fact, that the other day I thought I was talking to Ronnie... hmmm... That was a really good way to lose my trust forever (not Ronnie).

One more reason why this game is gay as ****.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Wait, is the game being gay a good thing or a bad thing? Btw, Austin can do the side b stall with Fox now, and I did it 8 times tonight... out of 2943561171298437289247 tries.

TGM

Smash Lord
Dyse, no. i dont mean that in a rude way. if you CURRENTLY live here, then you can.

Velox.......i KNOW its not accurate, but if ronnie or Roy_R is SO good, they will be at the top of the list no matter what. and once a few of these things are done, we will do a crew battle against other cities(this time for real). trust me, ill make this thing worth it.

Sorry alex, your 4th place didnt get mentioned alot.

and to gabe, i consider everything inside "belt way 8" to be houston territory(it makes it easier) but in about 5-10 years the "Grand Parkway" will be completed and it will surround "belt way 8" wich means katy,mag and others will be considered houston.

Lab rat, ask off! its WAY in advance.

Here is what the list will look like, this is an example!

1. Jimboooooooooo (mario, 92 points)
2. A Stop Sign (metal, 90 points)
3. Mog (fox,85 points)
4. TGM (marth 77 points)
9. gabe (falcon 38 points)
10. SideEffect (fox,29 points)

Also, this will sound dumb but in the long run its helping YOU. In this shin dig, you MUST go with one character the whole time. yes it sounds stupid, but if you always go falco on a fox because its easier than using your main(peach) you honestly never get better. you push the challenge off on another one of your characters. Houston has variety, falcons, peach,samus,fox,falco,marth............dk. so if you all stick with mains you will get alot of EXP against other MAINS. trust me on this it will work.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Wait, is the game being gay a good thing or a bad thing? Btw, Austin can do the side b stall with Fox now, and I did it 8 times tonight... out of 2943561171298437289247 tries.
I can do it 7 out of 10 times....on the right side. On the left side prolly like 2 or 3 out of 10 times.

To Allan: Good ideas good ideas. =)

Velox

Smash Ace
and to gabe, i consider everything inside "belt way 8" to be houston territory(it makes it easier) but in about 5-10 years the "Grand Parkway" will be completed and it will surround "belt way 8" wich means katy,mag and others will be considered houston.
Even then, Magnolia will still be too far away to be considered Houston :laugh: The Grand Parkway still won't reach Magnolia, but I could see 30 years down the line 1488 becoming the outer belt around Houston... Wait, nvm, maybe I'm thinking 30 years before they finish the Grand Parkway...

TGM

Smash Lord
grandparkway will reach magnolia, ive looked at the construction plans. it isnt near completion AT ALL but it will later on.

none the less, velox you should come to this.

Velox

Smash Ace
grandparkway will reach magnolia, ive looked at the construction plans. it isnt near completion AT ALL but it will later on.

none the less, velox you should come to this.
Woah, are you serious? That's crazy, I mapquested it and saw that it was wayyy up near 1960/6.

Heh, when is this? I'll come if I can I think, I'm lookin to actually do good at a tournament for once...

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I don't agree with in this thread is the mains thing. It rids us of the point of having secondaries, even though it would give our mains more experience in the long run, it still won't rid us of the fact that some characters are counters.

But oh well, I'll go with it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Any idea where the tournament might be held?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I can do it now..and not just with fox..but Falco to :). About 8/10 times. I get it everytime on the left side..the rights harder for me.

TGM

Smash Lord
The only thing I don't agree with in this thread is the mains thing. It rids us of the point of having secondaries, even though it would give our mains more experience in the long run, it still won't rid us of the fact that some characters are counters.

But oh well, I'll go with it.
the counters wont be so hard if you are forced to face them over and over. and in the long run you will feel much better about yourself if you can say "zing! even though marth conters mewtwo, my mewtwo still beats marth". i remember seeing sethlon beat ronnies fox and my marth ages ago..........thats not supposed to happen, but it did. thats an awesome feeling for sethlon.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Well lets see i wanna get an attendance list down for this so we can find out who is all going to show up?

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
the counters wont be so hard if you are forced to face them over and over.
Well that's a given, but at the highest level of play they're still counters. What you're talking about is having more experience in that matchup than someone else. I've played against Marth ALOT longer/more than you have played Fox, and the matchup is still hard/lopsided.

Anyways, Gabe (wasssssuppppp my *** ?!?!) is right, we need to have an attendance list, and a location.

Also, 4-20 is my mom's birthday. But oh well, Smash is more important.

Jake13

Smash Lord
yes it sounds stupid, but if you always go falco on a fox because its easier than using your main(peach) you honestly never get better
Was that one directed at me or mouf, Allan?

Also, if the whole "one character" thing is a rule, I won't be attending. I play different characters so that I CAN counterpick when needed.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
falco vs fox is an even match up , but so is peach vs any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but counter picks are for noobs lol i mean pro's ..... ehh , thats why i play just about every ,IC's **** thats all i have to sayz:chuckle:

leprechaun

Smash Ace
Lep, you're a wobblewhore aren't you ?

See that ? CC is takin the fun outta Smash too
oh please , don't call it a wobble!!! i saw the inf before that............but yes i'll admit that i can do the inf. but i don't use it, i think it's to cheap , chain grabs are a little more fair due to the fact that there is a chance to mess it up and for the opponent to make a come back.....so i do not spam the inf

TGM

Smash Lord
jake, you cant go cause you use too many charatcers? no wonder why you arnt good.
bear, your putting buzz fest before smash, f-ing sad.

and so far the people who are going are.

TGM
mouf
CF(roy_r)
gabe
sethlon
SideEffect
Riot
Mog
aladin member 1
aladin member 2
aladin member3

Status