• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash 64 Players

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Do any exist? I play melee, but I've been getting into smash 64 lately. I run melee tournaments in Houston, and I was thinking if enough people showed interest, I could include smash 64 in my tournaments.

So does Houston, or even Texas in general, have a smash 64 scene?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Yes, me and a group of friends play Smash 64 in Houston and have met others as well.

Gameover Videogames ran a tournament last summer with like 30+ entrants.

The 64 scene could be developed to a greater extent though.

You could talk to smash-con (http://smashboards.com/members/smash-con.190932/) in Louisiana who are thinking about expanding into Texas.
He asked me a couple months back about Smash64 in Texas you might want to talk to him.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
uhh it would most likely just be me(Brownsville) and WOTG(Houston)... not sure if the BROS still play anymore.
id be down to drive up and collect some money, if the winnings cover it anyway >_>

edit: wow i could of been the first guy to pwn yobo
SAD

Yobolight

Smash Lord
First person to really pwn me was Caesar (the Mario player). I think it was a three stock.

Unless you are implying that you attended the aforementioned tournament and did in fact pwn me prior to Caesar unbeknownst to me.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, how do you guys communicate, is there like a facebook group or something?

I'll talk to Louisiana about people coming for smash 64, although I don't know all the official tournament rules lol, all I know is that the stock count is 5 and there are no items. It would probably be best if someone else ran smash 64 at my tournament.

Edit: Also, where/how often do you guys usually play?

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
H TOWN BABY. CHAD DADDY GETS ALL DA HUNNIES WIT DA PSTRIPLE.

uhh it would most likely just be me(Brownsville) and WOTG(Houston)... not sure if the BROS still play anymore.
id be down to drive up and collect some money, if the winnings cover it anyway >_>

edit: wow i could of been the first guy to pwn yobo
SAD
Tacos, ur not good. You even lag OFFLINE.

Last edited by a moderator:

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Tacos, ur not good. You even lag OFFLINE.
Dude, your MW.. nuff said

Awesome, how do you guys communicate, is there like a facebook group or something?

I'll talk to Louisiana about people coming for smash 64, although I don't know all the official tournament rules lol, all I know is that the stock count is 5 and there are no items. It would probably be best if someone else ran smash 64 at my tournament.

Edit: Also, where/how often do you guys usually play?
nah for the most part we just use the forum. As for the rule-set, the BR rule-set would probably work best. idk about yobo, but fro and I usually play online.

.SHIZSEI.

Smash Cadet
not sure if the BROS still play anymore.
I play casually every now and then . Include doubles though and ill show up ( Still have some basketball left though, not entirely sure that I would make it)

Also p2p me tacos, haven't played you since the stone ages.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
You're pretty laggy yourself homeboy

* What shiz said though, bring the doubles and we show up.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. The tournament probably won't be for a month or so though. Do you guys ever have smashfests, or do you guys all play online? I'd be down to meet up with some of you all to play, or if any of you guys are interested in melee, you could come to a melee smashfest and bring SSB setups or something, I'm sure some melee people would be interested in playing as well. Some of us are pretty solid at SSB

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
I smash in Huntsville, I go to Houston occasionally with some gamer friends. My parents live in the Austin area, and I go to visit them a few times out of the year.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'll talk to DeAngelo about it, that would be sick. I'm thinking about running a tournament on June 29, if I do I'll have it include 64

Yobolight

Smash Lord
PM me if any of yall want to play. Ill be in the south for the next 3 weeks or so.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Im adding smash 64 casuals and will do a tournament if enough interest. How many people do you think will enter or show for smash 64? I would need a confirmed headcount. I just got the medals today and I have a total of 16. 13 for brawl/melee/project m and 3 extras that could be used for 64. If the interest is there I would host a tournament for it on the spot meaning no pre reg online. Everything will be done in person!
Coming from the WOBO 5 thread.

Just a heads up for you peeps.
/how many of you would go ?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I would. I'm sure several other melee players would enter too.

Edit: comment here if you would go for ssb64

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I would. I'm sure several other melee players would enter too.

Edit: comment here if you would go for ssb64
I don't see any info about smash64 in that thread, but I might be able to go to this if nothing comes up for me in October. I have the money for a short trip like this, what I'll mainly need is transportation for the way there and back.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
there isnt any official info on the thread yet, but the TO said there will be casuals for sure and a tournament if enough interest was there in the facebook event page, so if you all show your interest in the smashboards thread, there will be a tournament for ssb64, and it will probably be pretty big, he just needs to know ahead of time so he can set it up.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% going to WHOBO5 now and I have a few guys from LA who want to go. If everyone can make it, it would be Louisiana's top 3 or 4 (Justin from MS) players for 64.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna play some 64 this August? My Houston friends suck at this game.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna play some 64 this August? My Houston friends suck at this game.
I would probably be open to it if I could get some housing. I'd have to drive about 4.5 hours to get to Houston so it would have to be a weekend or more to be worth the effort.

EDIT: Too lazy to make a WHOBO5 thread or whatever, but does anybody want to do a MM in 64 if they can make it to the tourney?

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Shears. We actually already know Noc, but I appreciate that you'd put us in touch. It's a funny clip.

Hey Noc, There should be an Austin tournament in 2 or 3 weeks. Make sure you're checking in on their fb page so you can make it. We have interest from Louisiana, Dallas, Abilene, Waco, and more.

Last edited:

bowl

Smash Cadet
@ Yobolight Yobolight
I got another buddy from houston who is a pretty good console player but idk if he has a smashboards account. ill tell him to join tho.on fb

Top Bottom