• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hosting "The 200 Tournament" this Sunday on Twitch

Just out of curiosity, are from East Coast or West Coast?

• Total voters

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, its my first time here. So recently I've hosted my first tournament for Super Smash Bros. 4 on my Twitch Stream this past Sunday and it went great. Got some great players in and we had 50 participants. (Was 68, but many were disqualified because they didn't change their nicks). Anyways, I originally hosted this tournament as a stretch goal for obtaining 100 followers. One week later, I have 200 now. So, I guess I'm going to host another tournament this Sunday as many kept asking for another.

Here is my twitch account.
http://www.twitch.tv/recklessgreen
(I'll be around at 7pm EST on weekdays and open all day on weekends)

And here's the sign up link
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/nDuFmwmyD0

And here are the rules for the tournament.
Btw, The top 8 players will be streamed, and Loser's Final and Grand Finals will be streamed. And yes it is a double elimination

Rules:
1 vs. 1
2 Stock
Best 2 out of 3 matches
No items
No Customs
Any stages allowed except those with hazards.
Omega stages are allowed. (Strongly recommend Pacman Omega, Paper Mario Omega, Flats 2 Omega; And Boxing Ring Omega; Has the least amount of lag)

East and Middle Coast Preferred (Sorry West Coast players, too much lag issues)

You may switch characters after matches.
Mii Fighters allowed, but no customs
This is a double elimination tournament, so if you lose, you still have a second chance. So don't leave just yet, you're still in the tourney.

Tournament TIME: This Sunday at 3:30pm EST

Signups END AT Tourney's Start

*Important*

Last tournament there have been false reports. Please report to me via PM in twitch or chat board. Also recommend everyone to take a picture of the battle results so you have proof of win. But honestly, let's have some fun here, please don't be a douche.

*VERY IMPORTANT*

You need to change your username to your nick and followed by Friend Code. You can change your username by clicking on your name, then under settings. You can easily change your nick at any time.

Ex.

RGreen3539-9578-1881

Nick has to be 6 or less characters, then followed by 14 for Friend code (Spaces and dashes count). If you have not done this yet, you are then DISQUALIFIED from the tournament.

Last edited:

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is double posting, but just want to say that we're a little more than 24 hours before the tourney starts. So far 40 have participated for this Sunday's event. So just spreading the word.

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Its in the description David. It's 3:30 Eastern time
BTW, walking dead, not a bad series. Just not better than Breaking Bad. Just saying.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Sooo just to know; can people outside the US participate? (assuming they have very good internet and little to no lag in their matches) :)

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Sooo just to know; can people outside the US participate? (assuming they have very good internet and little to no lag in their matches) :)
Well, if you really don't have any lag, then I suppose you can join. Better yet, come to my stream and check out if you don't lag with the other players.

But if you ARE the cause of the lag, I'm going to have to disqualify the player who is furthest from the East Coast. I'm Sorry, but this is the best I can do. Hopefully the Wii U version will be better.

RecklessGreen

Smash Rookie
Guys, it's almost here. 3 and a half hours left. Over 80 participants. Wow, that's double from my last weeks tourney.
Just want to say, good luck to those who are participating. See you in my stream.

Top Bottom