• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hosting School Smash Tournament, Need Tips

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
The new highschool year began for me and I'm taking a CAS class which makes me plan and implement a large, school-wide project for a cause. I've decided that I want to host a large SSBM and SSB4 tournament which will have entry fees. The money gained will be donated to a profit organization (such as Doctors Without Borders), but that hasn't been decided yet.

Anyways, I would like tips or ideas as to how I can organize the events for them to be successful and be worth the cause. If you have experience being a TO, much would be appreciated.

Last edited:

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Seems I'm a bit late for this, but how did this go?
How many people from the school did you get interested?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I planned to hold the event in early November. I'm working with some faculty and other students still drafting ideas to advertise the event in the school and how to make sure people will bring setups. Not to mention this has to be community service and meaningful, so I'm still working. I went to a bunch of tournaments and chatted with TOs as to how they host events themselves.

Top Bottom