• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hosting p2p Games

ShellFall

Smash Cadet
hey i am just wondering how to host p2p games for project64k. im having some trouble with it. also i dont know what to put in when it asks me for the name of the game?

???

thanks

Superstar

Smash Champion
Official Index sticky, my guide, post any confusions there.

I'd link it, but I'm downloading the TF2 Scout Update AND Half Life 2: Lost Coast update, on a 256k connection, so my nets are sloooow. You can search for it faster than I can get to it and link it.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I am also having a problem, but it is not just hosting, it is joining. I can't join other people's games even though I have port forwarded.

Any ideas?

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
If you can't join P2P games probably they are not properly forwarded. Best I can tell you.
Is properly forwarded. Forwarding is required to be able to host in Worms Armageddon, I was able to host. Pretty sure I also had a 0 in my ip. Not sure why nothing works with p2p.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Different ports here. You got to forward seperately.

Also, P2P client versions must be the same. You can tell by looking at the top window bar.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Pav couldn't connect to me through p2p...and i know my ports are done right.

It's odd because the IP the client is giving him is a loop IP (it has a sinlge 0 in it)

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Official Index sticky, my guide, post any confusions there.

I'd link it, but I'm downloading the TF2 Scout Update AND Half Life 2: Lost Coast update, on a 256k connection, so my nets are sloooow. You can search for it faster than I can get to it and link it.
There's a Scout update? Oh snap.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Nah, it's piss. The items are a new Scattergun, Force of Nature, which, while it does 20% more damage, high knockback, and a [weak] third jump, has a clip side of 2 and a longer reload [same scatter as the normal scattergun, which has a clip of 6 and already does a lot of damage]. Bonk replaces the pistol, which makes you invunlnerable for a bit [without being able to shoot], then you get a massive slowdown, and Sandman, which kills your double jump while equipped [not just held], but stuns peoples for 2 seconds, including ubers.

The latter is banned in Cevo, but I think they jumped the gun.

That's weird about Pav. What do you mean about the IP?

Firehaze

Smash Rookie
My friend was able to create a server, and i was able to join this is on pj64k, but when we both clicked ready his loaded fine, and mine crashed and this happens everytime, does anyone know why?

Top Bottom