• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hosting a Local Tournament. What else do I need to do?

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
So I'm planning on hosting a tournament for melee for high schoolers like me at my local library. Here's the list of things that I have so far:

A few TVS (Most of which are unfortunately flatscreen. I know that it's worse but it's what I have)
A few gamecubes/wiis
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0
A compatible laptop for streaming/recording
Blue Snowball Microphone (Is this okay for commentating?)

Is there anything that I'm missing? I'm planning on hooking up a wii with a component connection to the capture card for recording/streaming.

What's the easiest way to get old CRT TVS? I can find a few on craigslist but I don't want to have to drive across my state to get them. Any other ideas?

Everyone in the tournament is most likely going to have zero tech skill and play for fun so it would be a very low tier couple of matches but it will be streamed here: www.twitch.tv/pgilbz

If this one goes well and I get the hang of this. I hope to open up the tournament to anyone, but for now it's just people in my local area and from my school. I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
So I'm planning on hosting a tournament for melee for high schoolers like me at my local library. Here's the list of things that I have so far:

A few TVS (Most of which are unfortunately flatscreen. I know that it's worse but it's what I have)
A few gamecubes/wiis
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0
A compatible laptop for streaming/recording
Blue Snowball Microphone (Is this okay for commentating?)

Is there anything that I'm missing? I'm planning on hooking up a wii with a component connection to the capture card for recording/streaming.

What's the easiest way to get old CRT TVS? I can find a few on craigslist but I don't want to have to drive across my state to get them. Any other ideas?

Everyone in the tournament is most likely going to have zero tech skill and play for fun so it would be a very low tier couple of matches but it will be streamed here: www.twitch.tv/pgilbz

If this one goes well and I get the hang of this. I hope to open up the tournament to anyone, but for now it's just people in my local area and from my school. I appreciate the help.

Thanks!
You're set, just have good TOing skills, and you're good. Make sure to set up stream before hand though.

KKSgaming

Smash Rookie
what ur internet like if u are streaming . make sure ur upload is decent.

KKSgaming

Smash Rookie
i wouldn't bet on that schools by me had no joke 2 mbs upload. my phone does better. check tons free software to test it.

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
i wouldn't bet on that schools by me had no joke 2 mbs upload. my phone does better. check tons free software to test it.
Yeah I'm going to go test it before the tournament.

Top Bottom