• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Horrific lag lately on all my devices when I play smash online...

link2702

Smash Champion
....ok I don't know how else to explain this, but when I play smash lately online, i get extreme lag not only in smash4(making it totally unplayable for me) but in pretty much everything that is connected to my home internet. Even after I disconnect from smash, my speeds are still terrible for at least an hour or 2 after on everything else....Everything is fine BEFORE I play smash, yet soon as I jump online in smash4 everything just goes nuts.

I'm not a computer ace or anything...but is smash4 using so much data or something that my ISP is deliberately slowing my speeds down now? Only reason I'm beginning to think that might be the case, is when I payed my bill this month, the guy at the desk saw how "outdated" my modem was, and keep trying to pressure me into upgrading to a "doc3" modem, seeing as all this started happening roughly this month, I'm wondering if my ISP is deliberately trying to slow down speeds on any modems that aren't doc3 to "force" people to upgrade...

Edited just to clarify a bit better...

Last edited:
Top Bottom