• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Horrible Computer AI?

MadMachoMan

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is the computer AI horrible? Its not even that they're not smart or strong, its just they all freakin' team up on you. I honestly would rather they be outrageously strong than have their own team. I used to love doing me vs 3 other CPUs on melee, now on Brawl its like a 3v1 handicap match. Sure they'll occasionally hit each other but they'll go straight after you when they get the chance. It ruins the fun for me a little. Anyone else notice this? If there was a thread already made for this discussion, sorry.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The level 1s are no pushover in Brawl. The level 9s will also jump to get you if you try to jump over them. Plus, the level 9s tend to dash more frequently.

dxyabyss

Smash Rookie
i personally found the level 9s in brawl damm difficult, since i dont have close friends to play with and online timing is off slightly, i practice on level 9s and find them strong enough to give me a good fight or beat me entirely, i hope im not just a wuss but thats just been my experience

not like the level 9s in melee which would practically kill themselves

sad sad

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
I heard level 9 CPUs are just wrong. Level 8 are not as hard, but would act more like a human would.

I have no idea how this would affect FFA, however.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
It's true, in FFA they just sort of hit each other with a jab every 20 minutes but otherwise gang up on you. It's lame.

But 1v1'ing them all you have to do is predict their dodges and punish, it's not so hard. They are definitely far more difficult than the melee level 9's though.

MadMachoMan

Smash Rookie
It's true, in FFA they just sort of hit each other with a jab every 20 minutes but otherwise gang up on you. It's lame.

But 1v1'ing them all you have to do is predict their dodges and punish, it's not so hard. They are definitely far more difficult than the melee level 9's though.

That's the problem though, 1v1 are too easy. Even with Level 9s. I just want a a FFA to not have such relentless computers chasing after you where ever you go. You could completely leave the group where they are fighting and they would all just chase you without even attempting to hit each other.

Top Bottom