• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hopefully I'm doing this right...

DRac0

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone of Smash Boards! I'm DRac0, or if you want to call me by my name, Brandon.

I've followed competitive smash for a while now, and I think of myself as a really good player, but I'm nowhere near close to my idol (Mew2King). I actually made an account on here a few weeks ago, but since I'm a nervous wreck around newer people, you can imagine why I haven't posted sooner.

My first smash bros was Melee. I loved that game, and I think I'm great at it. I'm just learning the ropes of wave-dashing and DI, but maybe I'll be really good one day. I main Pichu. I know that 'Pichu is the worst character in the game', but I don't think so. Pichu is a good character, and I wish they would bring him back in the new smash.

I've played Smash 64, but it isn't really my thing. It was okay, but...

In brawl was where I first started to get good. I used Toon Link above all, until I saw that Zelda and Peach were powerhouses. I'm cheeky with the Ice Climbers because I can chaingrab nicely -insert evil laugh-

The new smash is still new to me, but I think Duck Hunt and Palutena are great characters. (Though any character can be good. It just depends on how you use them. I have a dream of shattering tier lists in smash. That's why I use Pichu~ and because he's my favorite pokemon.)

I've never been to a tournament before, but I would love to go. Outside of smash, I generally write, draw, and play other games. My favorite game of all time would have to be Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, or Zelda Windwaker.

Anyway, I hope to meet a lot of wonderful people here, and I look forward to future matches!

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Hey, I'm new too! I also don't really care about the tiers, and try to do my best with my fave characters. Maybe we could play sometime!

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Thanks, everyone ^~^

@ RedNova RedNova

I agree, let's play sometime :) And if you don't use your favorite characters, where's the fun in that, ya know? :D
Sure, just give me a call. I only hope my 3ds can hold it, cause it has started to show battle damage.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Welcome! Hey, Paper Mario TTYD is one of my favorite games too! You have good taste.

Despite what my join date says, I'm actually pretty new here too. That said, I'd be down for some matches if you wanna play sometime :)

Last edited:

Playa 5

Smash Rookie
Pichu is hardly the worst character in Melee. The newest updates on the tier list have put him as low-tier but not the worst anymore! Mango and M2K really showed us the basics of what moves you should use, and what moves you shouldn't use. The meta always changes man! You never know what you're capable of until you make something incredible happen.

DRac0

Smash Rookie
@ Playa 5 Playa 5

I'm glad Pichu has moved up. it fills this fan full of joy :) I know he's faster and has a LOT less lag than Pikachu. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't he also hit harder as well? I know Pikachu has better range (I think) and doesn't hurt himself.

I just personally like Pichu a lot more. I've always seen him better than Pikachu.

Playa 5

Smash Rookie
Pichu's neutral air goes faster and he can recover out of it better than Pikachu can. Pichu's best moves are as limited at Ganondorf's in my opinion, Pichu just needs to wear his opponent down instead of annihilating him with hard hitting moves.

Some moves like his up-tilt are a no-no (from my experience) and others are just at good as the top-tiers. Like his neutral air attack.

DRac0

Smash Rookie
From my experience (and watching videos) Pichu's Short hop, fast fall, L-canceled Nair isn't something to sleep on. I've only been able to pull it off like..once. Pichu is fast, and it's sometimes tricky to pull of some pro tricks. I'd love for M2K to teach me one day. But I know that will never happen XD

Granted, I need to get myself a new controller. Mine is....it's so bad it shocks me whenever I use it. granted, it's..about 9-11 years old...

Playa 5

Smash Rookie
Oh man! You are a trooper then. I know first-party Gamecube controllers are very hard to come by.

I really lucked out and I bought up a few when I was in Louisville, KY for their Kentucky Smash Championship. That game shop down there had a shelf full of them and I freaked out and bought a few since they were selling them for 25 dollars each.

DRac0

Smash Rookie
I was really young whenever melee first came out. I thought going through the game on classic mode was 'beating' it and I would click the restart button on my Gamecube XD I used to only use grabs to kill. I was really bad.

And a Smash Championship near me? That seriously upsets me that I had no idea about it . Oh well, there's always next time, right?

I know amazon has a few GC controllers, thought. Are the Smash Bros. edition ones worth it, or do you know?

Playa 5

Smash Rookie
The Smash Bros. editions are worth it. I've played with them before and my Smash friends use them. I would recommend them! I actually forgot about those controllers! lol.

DRac0

Smash Rookie
I just need a good controller. If I was super great with paint, I'd paint myself a custom Pichu one XD Pichu will forever be my favorite character. Maybe the DLC they add will secretly include him? After all, you have Dr. Mario, and soon enough Mewtwo. Why no Pichu? :(

Top Bottom