• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope for more EarthBound reps?

Horsantula

Smash Rookie
Honestly, at this point, I'd be happy with Lucas as an alternate skin for Ness - he was my Brawl main. But there's still a slim hope for DLC.

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
Giygas would be an easy one to include; they wouldn't have to do any combat animations. (If you don't get that reference, you can't main Ness).

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Surprised Kumatora hasn't been mentioned.

She could utilize PK Ground. Then again if Lucas had custom moves, his down A move would be it.

Or we could get an odd ball like Fassad. That'd be fun to see, him and Wario teaming up.
^this

Kumatora is probably the most suited Mother character to appear in a Smash game, as she's pretty much a brawler, and Poo second.

Also, I was hoping for a Ninten alt for Ness, even tho Ninten can't use offensive PSI.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Jeff and Porky are my favorite options. Maybe Duster.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The trophy doesn't deconfirm Lucas now with Mewtwo's confirmation as DLC.

Ness' custom specials are very similar to Lucas' but all have slightly unique differences. PK Fire visually and also in brawl it was rare to get the double hit in. The PKT is again visually different, whilst being slower and I don't think going as far. It also feels different when used on Ness himself; Ness stops more now when using it instead of Lucas who would just slide across the stage at the end. The PSI Magnet doesn't turn Ness around to heal the incoming damage in the new one and the PK freeze doesn't have its old mobility.

Personally I still think there's hope, and with a bit of fan demand I reckon it would be possible.... but I don't know how I feel about whether the dev team would think his specials were different enough.

That said, you have to keep in mind that the rest of Lucas was drastically different to Ness, so that's definitely something.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The trophy doesn't deconfirm Lucas now with Mewtwo's confirmation as DLC.

Ness' custom specials are very similar to Lucas' but all have slightly unique differences. PK Fire visually and also in brawl it was rare to get the double hit in. The PKT is again visually different, whilst being slower and I don't think going as far. It also feels different when used on Ness himself; Ness stops more now when using it instead of Lucas who would just slide across the stage at the end. The PSI Magnet doesn't turn Ness around to heal the incoming damage in the new one and the PK freeze doesn't have its old mobility.

Personally I still think there's hope, and with a bit of fan demand I reckon it would be possible.... but I don't know how I feel about whether the dev team would think his specials were different enough.

That said, you have to keep in mind that the rest of Lucas was drastically different to Ness, so that's definitely something.
It could always mean Lucas's specials are getting revamped which was one of peoples larger complaints (Fix Ness's specials, make Lucas more unique.) So it could also be seen as a good thing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It could always mean Lucas's specials are getting revamped which was one of peoples larger complaints (Fix Ness's specials, make Lucas more unique.) So it could also be seen as a good thing.
I get that, but Lucas' competitive playstyle was so different to Ness'. It makes me sad that people overlook the minor differences and assume two characters will play exactly like each other. :(

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I get that, but Lucas' competitive playstyle was so different to Ness'. It makes me sad that people overlook the minor differences and assume two characters will play exactly like each other. :(
I know, I know, but people will always find things to dislike about such characters... Just with the new custom moves for specials I figured it'd be great to see new specials and new customs... either way its fine.

Top Bottom