• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honor?

Zaycko

Smash Cadet
So lately i have been playing against Asians in 1v1 for glory, and everytime i defeat them, they disconnect, I asked one of my friends and he said they do it because they hate loosing, and that they have honor or something, for example, we go 2 stocks on me and 1 on him, hes on 70% and im on 50%, he suicides and then disconnects.
What do you guys think?

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I assume you're talking about for glory. In which case, there is no honor in for glory. Only victory. Some people treat it like a practice stage but most treat it like a ladder.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
By Asians, I'm assuming you mean people with Japanese names on For Glory. There are many Asians who play this game without a foreign in game name (myself included). Also, there are many more Asians than just Japanese people (contrary to popular belief). And by "honor," I assume you're implying a skewed perception of a racist stereotype. So... I'm not going to address that point.

On the subject of SD's, a lot of people do that. Most people who do things like that, don't want to waste their time trying to come back when they feel like they can't. It's not that they are sore losers, it's that they want to play someone else or restart, and playing the same match against an opponent that you don't really feel like facing isn't something they want to do.

On the other hand, sure, you could be playing a sore loser. But really, leave the race card out of it.

Zaycko

Smash Cadet
By Asians, I'm assuming you mean people with Japanese names on For Glory. There are many Asians who play this game without a foreign in game name (myself included). Also, there are many more Asians than just Japanese people (contrary to popular belief). And by "honor," I assume you're implying a skewed perception of a racist stereotype. So... I'm not going to address that point.

On the subject of SD's, a lot of people do that. Most people who do things like that, don't want to waste their time trying to come back when they feel like they can't. It's not that they are sore losers, it's that they want to play someone else or restart, and playing the same match against an opponent that you don't really feel like facing isn't something they want to do.

On the other hand, sure, you could be playing a sore loser. But really, leave the race card out of it.
I love come backs, i mean its like having a challenge, i can show off my skills, but when i know im going to lose, I never give up, and if i fail, I wait until next round for another chance to win. I dont really see why would you suicide, just try, maybe you can do something amazing. But you never know.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Coming from an American, I tend to disconnect after one or two fights. Simply because I like to continually fight different opponents.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So lately i have been playing against Asians in 1v1 for glory, and everytime i defeat them, they disconnect, I asked one of my friends and he said they do it because they hate loosing, and that they have honor or something, for example, we go 2 stocks on me and 1 on him, hes on 70% and im on 50%, he suicides and then disconnects.
What do you guys think?
All those poor asians committed seppuku

You monster

Zaycko

Smash Cadet
Coming from an American, I tend to disconnect after one or two fights. Simply because I like to continually fight different opponents.
I like to stay with them, because they are good at the game, it gives me a challenge.
Instead of fighting vs little mac newbs

Top Bottom