• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honest question (RANT)

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Why are there so many people on For Glory who need to die in real life? (Not really, but atleast punch their lights out 100 times). I'm serious here, people. Asshole spammers, douchey taunters, lag abusing taunters, you name it, they're screwing you over. Those guys you approach who **** you up by pressing two buttons, taunt and leave like they know they're God? WHY?! WHY IS FOR GLORY SO FACKING BAD?!?!?!?!?!?

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Also, real quick, another honest question: Why are people such assholes, even when not playing, just watching, about "Salt"? Why do you feel the need to piss people off further? Even announcers and commentators do this, and every time I hear if I find it unnaceptable poor sportsmanship. WTH?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
You want an honest answer? Here it is: It is because they can.

That's all there is to it. There is literally nothing stopping me right now from going onto For Glory, finding the easiest opponent who clearly has no idea what they're doing, and taunting/tea-bagging them endlessly or spamming or even insulting them with dozens of Tags.

The only thing that's truly stopping me from doing things like that is because I try to be good person, and also understand that there's always going to be someone new to the game and/or really young playing Online. That and my peni-I mean ego isn't so small that I need to stroke it by making others feel miserable. Others on the other hand do not remotely care for any of those factors and more. The way they see it is you suck, they rule, and they want to rub it in cause there is nothing stopping them. They can, and they find it hilarious.

It's just how people are especially with Games that can be played Online. There's no real punishment in store for them.

Report them? Good luck doing that seems how they leave the lobby immediately after all of that. Even if they do stay, they obviously don't care about getting reported. So what if they get sent to Ban Land? They still get to play with other players. Not much of a punishment.

Point is, this isn't something you can control and people like this are going to exist in just about every single Game with an Online Functionality. It's annoying and it certainly sucks; however there's really nothing we can do about those kinds of players. No matter how many we report and block people like that are still going to exist. There's really no point in stressing so much over it in all honesty.

It's okay to be annoyed and vent (cause we all need to once in a while) but remember there's not much that can be done.

Also, real quick, another honest question: Why are people such ********, even when not playing, just watching, about "Salt"? Why do you feel the need to piss people off further? Even announcers and commentators do this, and every time I hear if I find it unnaceptable poor sportsmanship. WTH?
This is something I never understood about Tournaments.

Again, people will be people. Sometimes people feel like it's deserved to rub it in someones face while others feel one shouldn't get that angry to begin with. Honestly though, agging them on only makes things a lot worse. No one wants to be publicly humiliated, and it's no wonder why some of them lash out the way they do. It's pretty sad, but it's just one of those things that exist and happen unfortunately.

Last edited:

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I think you should remember that not everyone plays Smash Bros, or any game, with the same intentions. Some people like trolling, some like being competitive, and others don't take it serious. On top of that, you are playing online. Even if you think you have a good connection, it still does not compete with playing offline. If I were you, I would find people that are on your level or that like to play competitively, offline and online.

Top Bottom