• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homing platformcancel missiles question.

Loket

Smash Cadet
I can consistently do platformcanceled missiles on yoshis and pokemon stadium aswell as platformdrop fast fall missile.
However, I can do the homing missiles when standing on the ground but not when im platformcanceling.
Got any tips?
What is it that decides if the missile becomes homing or not?

Smash Journeyman
homing missile is a tilt missile; super missile is a smash missile (exactly the difference between tilts/smashes)

It's definitely a little harder to do a control stick tilt after making some other inputs, but I think just doing it repeatedly for a few hours should fix your problem :)

one thing that I can't do yet is short hop homing missile cancel on battlefield (ESAM is reaaaaaally good at this); probably because I don't input the homing missile fast enough after the shorthop :/

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Samus' missle techs are so much harder than Fox's SHDL. It makes me sad that I can't missile camp :c

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
My Wii got modded the other week, so I can practice these things again, and I've never been this motivated!

The homing missile comes out much slower than the smash missile, so you just have to time it differently. I don't think it's possible to platform cancel homing missiles from a short hop on PS and YS.
The tech 343 mentioned on BF is the only short hop homing missile platform cancel I know of. I'm currently learning this as well!

Loket

Smash Cadet
I can do it now! :D
And I can do it both from shorthop on Yoshis story and pokemon stadium aswell as the imidiate doublejump missile cancel on battlefield!
The way that I found working to do the homing missiles is to simply press and release the B-button really fast, I dont know why it works but hey I should be complaining :)

Noxus

Smash Cadet
How do you do the platform cancels on battlefield, SHMC doesnt work as you dont get high enough? You say that you have to double jump cancel is that just pressing jump and then sh really fast?

Smash Journeyman
supposedly sh homing missile works on battlefield but I can't figure out how to do it :( :( (edit oh I mentioned this already; guess I just like complaining about how I suck) but basically for double jump stuff, just press jump twice really fast (it help to use two different jump inputs; some people slide x -> y or vice versa; I press up + x) and then missile. Timing is a little different between BF and DL so practice it :)

Last edited:

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
For the Battlefield one, you just hav to do it really fast. The jump to B timing is kinda as fast as the SHDL timing for Fox.
Also that's not everything. Jumping straight up requires a neutral stick. Every time I time it right, I always get the smash missile because of the fast timing.
Can some one confirm if it's possible to shhmpc on Battlefield if frame perfect?
Anyways, to do them I always have the stick to the side before doing the jump input. This means I can only do them running or walking.

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Ah okay not bad ill have to practice it a bit, esam is soo good at it

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
supposedly sh homing missile works on battlefield but I can't figure out how to do it :( :(
Can some one confirm if it's possible to shhmpc on Battlefield if frame perfect?
Esam does it all the time. The trick is not only do you have to be moving, the control stick has to be moving while you press b. I slide from y to b cuz the input is really fast.

Esam does a couple here: http://youtu.be/FFHiNe-wcDI?t=14m56s

you can even shhmpc to the top battlefield plat, which if you notice Esam tries to do in the vid but he messes up the input and gets the smash missile instead.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I guess my question was unclear.

Can someone confirm if it's possible to shhmpc jumping with a neutral stick?

Top Bottom