• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew and Hackless Simultaneously

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between the homebrew and the hackless versions are the stage select boot code that hackless has. I'm fairly sure you can run both on the same SD Card, but you can never go into stage creator on homebrew version or else the game will crash.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between the homebrew and the hackless versions are the stage select boot code that hackless has. I'm fairly sure you can run both on the same SD Card, but you can never go into stage creator on homebrew version or else the game will crash.

It's not a code, it's a custom stage closes/crashes the game and boots straight to homebrew on the SD card. If you go to it while in Project M you'll just go back to Gecko again.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Because the homebrew one doesn't require the stage boot in order to run the game, since they already typically have Homebrew channel to sort through to get to Gecko. It's in the folder where custom stages are placed, should be the st folder in RSBE.

It's not a code, it's a custom stage closes/crashes the game and boots straight to homebrew on the SD card. If you go to it while in Project M you'll just go back to Gecko again.
Yeah, I didn't mean code in the sense of it's part of the gct, I meant it in the sense that it's essentially a boot code that runs as a custom stage.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
oh ok
why isn't it on the homebrew version then? so that way it could all be one file?

Do you know the name of the stage file? I want to put it onto my game.

IIRC the exploit custom stage crashes at the SSS when custom stages aren't disabled, so vBrawl and other mods won't work with the SD card in. In other mods (and older versions of PM?) custom stages are enabled in homebrew codesets because people don't expect you to have Smash Stack in there.

The name of the custom stage shouldn't matter as long as Smash Stack is the only custom stage there. It won't do anything without the Smash Stack ready Gecko set-up in the Project M Hackless download though, so grab it and the other stuff in the SD card root unless you know how to set it up yourself.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
With the Homebrew installation, you can play either vBrawl or P:M without ever having to remove the SD card. With hackless, vBrawl crashes on the SSS and stage builder doesn't function. It also makes things clean under the hood when the different installation methods are separate.

Top Bottom