• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOLY-MOTHER OF-SH*T (those explosives are SO worth it)

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Now, everyone knows that one of Snake's many explosives is his RPG launcher (I'm not sure which one it is though). Watch this video and skip up to around 50 seconds. Now, there may be some sort of sweet spot to that move or not, but in terms of power, it blows anything I've seen the likes of Ike or Bowser do out of the water IMO.

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
Wow that was strong:bee:Maybe the sweetspots at the beginning of the move?

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
That is a very powerful forward smash. His standard A combo has alot of knockback on the last hit too. Not to mention how useful that up-tilt looks.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
The RPG is his forward smash which happens to be incredibly powerful

it can kill people at 60% which happens to be rediculous

but it has a lot of wind up so it's pretty difficult to land

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, I see how Snake has SO many good moves, but no one uses them.

Shin Virus

Smash Cadet
it's actually his down smash, his f-smash is a two hit combo....but yeah the down smash is really strong

his down air is ridiculously powerful too but it's hard to land

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Snakes B-Attacks really make him the king of projectiles!

...Seriously, He has a bazooka, a cypher, several grenades and landmines, and ANOTHER missle shooter. When you see a guy who uses that many explosives, you know you don't want to **** with him.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
It seems that effective control of Snake's many projectiles/explosives will be key to using him to his greatest capacity.
It's too bad he can blow himself up with his own attacks.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya cant wait to play as snake he looks awesome and i love the Metal Gear serise so even if he was bad i\'d probebly still use him out of my love for snake.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I committed myself to Snake back at E3 2006. I've beaten each MGS at least twice (MGS1 and 2 three times).

I'm just glad his missle/projectile/ordinance game is rapesick :chuckle:

Kruton

Smash Ace
does that include Ops and Ops + :)

lol
No...>.<

As much as I love MGS, I don't have the extra coin to get a PSP for the Ops games (they would really be the only games I wanted for the system). I would love to see Frank Jaeger's involvement in them...:(

I just need to make sure I have the cash for a PS3 for when MGS4 comes out hah

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
No...>.<

As much as I love MGS, I don't have the extra coin to get a PSP for the Ops games (they would really be the only games I wanted for the system). I would love to see Frank Jaeger's involvement in them...:(

I just need to make sure I have the cash for a PS3 for when MGS4 comes out hah
Basically I bought a PSP so I could play Ac!d, Ac!d 2, Ops, Ops+, and MGS Digital Graphic Novel...

only games I own for it lol I'm lame.

And as for the PS3... It's collecting dust until MGS4 comes out :laugh:

saud

Smash Lord
Snake is one of the most fun characters in the game imo. He may be hard to use for 1 vs 1 with his slow attacks, and the fact that the opponent will see you as you plant the mines, in a 3 player or 4 player match, they may not notice or focus on you :D

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
His forward smash is godking... plus has anyone noticed the hyper armor on the cypher, yet? As far as I've seen so far, he literally can't be knocked off of it.

Something I haven't had the chance to test - does the box really reflect projectiles?

Top Bottom