• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Maiden Knight - Valkyrie for SSB4!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, all webcomics that used to be on ShiftyLook are extinct. But Bravoman and Wonder Momo were lucky enough to be picked up by Udon Comics for physical copies. Such a shame that no other company wanted to pick up the others, especially Valkyrie or Sky Kid.

And yeah, I was referring to her crushing Palutena with her rump after using the growth spell. Though Palutena could most likely survive that attack. :laugh:

Your roster for the third game isn't half bad. Bought back the old faces while having some familiar new characters. Don-Chan and Roger Jr. are my favorite choices out of the bunch. Though if I were to add one more character, it would have to be Taira no Kagekiyo from The Heike and the Genji Clans. I mean, it was a shame that a badass samurai ghost was only used in NxC while the lucky pervert Tarosuke returned in PxZ2 by himself. :p
Aw, no! Really?! Well, at least I found two website that hold the entirety of Bravoman and Klonoa's comics, so not a huge loss, I guess. Still, surprised no one picked up Valkyrie or Sky Kid, though! If you ever come across a way to read the comic please tell me, OK?

Really though, Palutena could survive that? Well, she is a goddess and all, but still...

And thanks for my roster! You know, I knew I was forgetting someone! Kagekiyo would be an awesome choice! Matter of fact, I'm a little surprised he wasn't used for PxZ (the first one) actually, but I'm still OK with just Tarosuke as well. BTW, along with Kagekiyo and Guy Fox from Rocket Fox in my earlier list I showed you and everyone else, what would you all think if at least ONE of these Namco characters appear in Smash alongside Pac-Man?:smirk:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Valkyrie, I remember playing that on my copy of Namco Museum Volume 5 when I was younger. I still have that copy to this day and would replay the Legend of Valkyrie to beat my original high score. She's a funny character with a great design and charming personality, even Namco loves promoting her in crossovers over any other classic Namco character like Tarosuke or Bravoman. I still remember reading the Valkyrie comics (and her cameo in the Mappy Blanimation cartoon) before ShiftyLook decided to shut themselves down. And how can I forget dressing up my Soul Calibur II main with the Valkyrie costume itself.

Whenever you think about bringing this thread to another place ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , I would like to be on the support list. I love your name by the way, since it's exactly like her with some of that extra flair to it.
Sure, anytime! Shifty's Valk was quite charming, especially during more chibier and abstract art shift - though I think the shtick she had felt little too inspired by Pit instead of her humble, purehearted character (though with little streak of humor depending on the situation). There's the mangas from her character designer depicting her younger years and like, which show more that side of her (though all raw scans, you could google names like Birth of Walkure and Glory of Walkure respectively for scans)

I personally think Valkyrie would be a rival to Pit, possibly due certain parallels thrown of both (Both are beloved angelic retro heroes in the crossover games they appear) - though their personalities differ so well that it'd be funny to watch them interact.

Aw, man! So that really is just guest appearances and nothing further? And here I was hoping for Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Samus, Captain Falcon, Viridi, Link, and Princess Zelda.:urg:

I'm hoping for PXZ3 to be real with more Nintendo characters myself.
At best so far, the Awakening-pair and Fiora seem to be primarily the quest characters akin to Smash Bros's 3rd Party-characters- mostly to really better the game's marketing and overall quality if evidenced by the gameplay changes and improvements alone. Also we now getting more cohesively done plot. Kinda ironic.

To why this is, they fit in well due Awakening-pair being from an anime-themed strategy RPG (more or less if compared to last FE-entries) and Monolith Soft being involved with Xenoblade + Mecha-Fiora being a spiritual successor/allusion to KOS-MOS. But I don't think it means a slippery slope of seeing Mario or similar like that in this game.

Mario or your usual Nintendo-character wouldn't really work in this kind of a crossover, considering it's whole-some anime theme and conventions. Aside from super-fitting Kid Icarus due near-identical humor (though IMO written better), the closest of Nintendo-franchises could be mostly those that are pretty obscure in representation and would also fit more seamlessly to the game as Nintendo hasn't established them having their signature brand "family-friendliness" to the fullest. Could list Takamaru, Saki Amamiya, Prince of Sable (with cameos of other GB-characters joining in), maybe Golden Sun's Adepts, Elite Beat Agents/Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan-characters, Fatal Frame-girls, Zael (The Last Story) from top of my head.

Of course though these guys wouldn't work that well to pull n the most average of Nintendo-fans themselves, but again, Nintendo doesn't really have major franchises fitting enough to go with SRW-series' anime theme in general (Aside from Fire Emblem). Though even if there's some oddballs from before from most companies before, but Nintendo's kinda protective of their brand's intended audience.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BTW, along with Kagekiyo and Guy Fox from Rocket Fox in my earlier list I showed you and everyone else, what would you all think if at least ONE of these Namco characters appear in Smash alongside Pac-Man?:smirk:
Just Valk, it can't be anyone other than her now that I think of it. Still had some relevant mobile games, huge popularity in Japan compared to other classic Namco characters not named Pac-Man, notable ballot support that's close enough to Klonoa's level, one of the few leading females the company has, the ShiftyLook treatment from webcomics to a role in a popular sim dating title (which sadly died along with the site), consistent appearances in many small and large crossovers, larger moveset potential compared to other classic characters, and would look gorgeous in Smash 4's artstyle. I wouldn't mind Klonoa since he's from another favorite Namco franchise of mines, but there's something about Valkyrie that I like more than him when thinking Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sure, anytime! Shifty's Valk was quite charming, especially during more chibier and abstract art shift - though I think the shtick she had felt little too inspired by Pit instead of her humble, purehearted character (though with little streak of humor depending on the situation). There's the mangas from her character designer depicting her younger years and like, which show more that side of her (though all raw scans, you could google names like Birth of Walkure and Glory of Walkure respectively for scans)

I personally think Valkyrie would be a rival to Pit, possibly due certain parallels thrown of both (Both are beloved angelic retro heroes in the crossover games they appear) - though their personalities differ so well that it'd be funny to watch them interact.

At best so far, the Awakening-pair and Fiora seem to be primarily the quest characters akin to Smash Bros's 3rd Party-characters- mostly to really better the game's marketing and overall quality if evidenced by the gameplay changes and improvements alone. Also we now getting more cohesively done plot. Kinda ironic.

To why this is, they fit in well due Awakening-pair being from an anime-themed strategy RPG (more or less if compared to last FE-entries) and Monolith Soft being involved with Xenoblade + Mecha-Fiora being a spiritual successor/allusion to KOS-MOS. But I don't think it means a slippery slope of seeing Mario or similar like that in this game.

Mario or your usual Nintendo-character wouldn't really work in this kind of a crossover, considering it's whole-some anime theme and conventions. Aside from super-fitting Kid Icarus due near-identical humor (though IMO written better), the closest of Nintendo-franchises could be mostly those that are pretty obscure in representation and would also fit more seamlessly to the game as Nintendo hasn't established them having their signature brand "family-friendliness" to the fullest. Could list Takamaru, Saki Amamiya, Prince of Sable (with cameos of other GB-characters joining in), maybe Golden Sun's Adepts, Elite Beat Agents/Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan-characters, Fatal Frame-girls, Zael (The Last Story) from top of my head.

Of course though these guys wouldn't work that well to pull n the most average of Nintendo-fans themselves, but again, Nintendo doesn't really have major franchises fitting enough to go with SRW-series' anime theme in general (Aside from Fire Emblem). Though even if there's some oddballs from before from most companies before, but Nintendo's kinda protective of their brand's intended audience.

First of all, Val and Pit would make good friendly rivals, also I didn't know her series had a different artstyle for the comic prior to the chibi look.

Wow, it is true that Ninty doesn't have many who work out in the PxZ artstyle, you have a point that Fatal Frame, Wars, EBA/Ouendan, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Prince Sable, Takamaru, Saki, Kid Icarus, Eternal Darkness, and even Geist would work. I guess FE and Xenoblade are OK (for now)

BTW, do you mean that Namco x Capcom, PxZ, and PxZ2 have Kid Icarus Uprising-style humor, because I couldn't agree more!

Also, I literally found that link JUST TODAY. Thank you, though! You don't know how long I've been looking for something like this! I'm currently reading Valkyrie, Bravoman, Wonder Momo, Sky Kid, Rocket Fox (cutest comic I've read so far!) Dig Dug, and Klonoa! Thank you so much!!!

Top Bottom