• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobbling- a new IC's chaingrab/infinite

Gimpt

Smash Rookie
Well it might not be escape able, but might be in the future. Some would prefer the alt cgs; like myself, because they don't require as much desynch, and some can't get the timing on the ice block (like last, as do I).

chewyy

Smash Ace
Okay, it finally let me log out of Ripple's account.

Anyway, I tried it, and yeah you were right, I had to get up normally. (no roll)
So I must've been hitting them with the Ice block too late, or I just remembered incorrectly. :p

I'll probably still mess with it though. :)

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
This looks great. I'll have to practice. But they all look similar, what is the difference between the first 3?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Didn't Hylian make hobbling type 3? Also, do you short hop in type three with Nana? That one was Hylian's and seemed to work fine for him so I want to try to learn how to do it. I was wondering if the control input that I thought you used in type three what I thought it was.

Grab
Downthrow
Immediately flick the control stick forward to make Nana do a quick dash
Immediately shorthop
Immediately do seceond jump
Immediately do ice block.

Is there any timing with the first hop and the second hop? Also, nice video you posted for Ice Climbers defying gravity... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xv6HNATOnc&NR=1

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Didn't Hylian make hobbling type 3? Also, do you short hop in type three with Nana? That one was Hylian's and seemed to work fine for him so I want to try to learn how to do it. I was wondering if the control input that I thought you used in type three what I thought it was.

Grab
Downthrow
Immediately flick the control stick forward to make Nana do a quick dash
Immediately shorthop
Immediately do seceond jump
Immediately do ice block.

Is there any timing with the first hop and the second hop? Also, nice video you posted for Ice Climbers defying gravity... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xv6HNATOnc&NR=1
You basically have it, but make sure you do the D-throw, flick the control stick forward, and shor thop all at the same time. (I do a forward hadouken motion with the control stilck to make Popo D-throw and Nana run forward at the same time). This one works on light characters, type 1 works on heavy characters(snake D3 Rob and Ike) until like 200% when they start turning into ice

Also
use the second jump(it should be a short hop also) right when your opponent hits the ground in the D-throw animation

PS: thanks for the comment on edge floating

Top Bottom