• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hmm yoshi is preety interesting..even for me

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the yoshi cult. We have alot of new people, so the more the merrier i guess. Learn to DJC nairs and fairs, learn ECE as well as using eggs normally, and egg dropping, and read bringer and shiri's guides.

D

Deleted member

No. DJC=double jump cancel. Its cancelling your double jump with an aeriel. It allows u to perform aeriels faster than a shffl, as well as thousands of other uses. Read the yoshi guides.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you're careful with the DJC though, if you mess up and you're hit after it... if you're off the stage after the hit, it's usually over for you.

Oh, and the DJC takes effect even if you haven't done your second jump(and it usually doesn't have much effect either).

I could elaborate more, but I think burntsocks has a point. The Yoshi guides would cover it better than I would.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Bair=uair, bair, usmash
Dair=dsmash, dtilt, jabs
Fair=Uair, nair, fair if they popped up. If they hit the ground, tech chase
Uair=Uair, eggs
Utilt=anything you want
Ftilt=uair, utilt, fair, nair (depends heavily on percentages)
Dtilt=tech chase/edgeguard
Nair=dsmash (sometimes)
Usmash=uair, utilt, eggs, fsmash on fastfallers
Fsmash=finisher
Dsmash=finisher
Dash attack=tech chase, another dash attack
Dthrow=usmash, fsmash on fastfallers, fair on some mid-weights, utilt, uair
Uthrow=Idk I hardly use this
Eggs=situational

All of these depend on percentages, some more than others. As you can see, Yoshi is a combo machine, with good finishers.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Yoshi World. As Bloshi said, Yoshi is a combo machine. He's also the perfect character to study your opponent. You need to be on the careful lookout for patterns, and attack when your foe is the weakest. The only tricky things about him are his WD, timing your DJC, and knowing when to grab (Yoshi's grab has a ton of lag, so don't go running around trying to grab people all the time. Patience is a key to this goal, as a lot of combos come from his D grab).

I hope this helps add a decent Yoshi player into the Smash Community. =)

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I have always like Yoshi and I know I had potential latent within me. When I'm not thinking is when I really shine, moving off of instinct and just throwing down combos. I was playing against a high quality Marth, and before I knew it, I was at 4 stocks and he was on his last. Someone shouted that my Yoshi is about to 4-stock the other dude. I am completely surprised and I lost my entire mindset. My moves were not nearly as fluid and I kept whiffing my DJC's. I ended up losing, simply because someone said I was doing good. Hilarious, no?

For being such a newb to Yoshi, I find it surprising that I can WD with him perfectly and DJC very well, especially hearing from everyone that those are supposed to be difficult.

My point: I think Yoshi is excellent as a character and I think the more people the merrier. I will probably have him as a second main or secondary.

All I have to offer is to remember your Nair, and try not to side-B by accident, you miss so many opportunities and can get KO'd as a result.

Top Bottom