• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmm... YCBM 2? Sure why not. Houston TX. 7/15/07

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I will go if I can get a ride...ima be on the south-east side..,at my mas house...anyone wanna take meh?

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking of hosting an STD. Would anyone be willing to come if I host it?

I need at least 7 people to show up. This Saturday night. TOMORROW

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
kevin and I could show for STD tonight
along with 1 TV
1 cube & 1 SSBM

i've been waitin for a good chance to meet and play all the other houston smashers besides just TGM mouf riot mog (team houston)

don't disappoint :-)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Expect there to be some Austin representation. Ronnie, you're gonna have some competition tis time. ;) Hope to see you in the finals. :chuckle:

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Ooooh, who all from Austin will be showing?

EDIT: My STD is cancelled so dont bother showing people. Be ready for the tourney tomorrow though. And please, do not forget TV's/GC's/SSBM

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
It'll probably be Austin, Me, Fletcher and Gore. And, is there any chance you could let us stay at your place so we could leave tonight? I really don't want to have to get up at like 8AM tomorrow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
19 participants I believe

1. Ronnie
2. Roy
3. Matt Damon
4. Mr 3000

Good job to all the winners.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Another day another dollar!

Man seriously tho this was one of IF NOT the most enjoyable tournies I have ever been to... infact it WAS.

BIG SHOUTOUTS LATERRRRRRRRRRRR =]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, not to insinuate anything, but yeah, most of Magnolia wasn't there plus a few other good people didn't show up. Also, there were a couple of first time tourney players. Regardless, it was fun.

Just some quick random shoutouts...
Matt Damon-Good set. I guess I should practice on the non-neutral counterpick stages. It seems Battlefield is slowly becoming my counterpick stage...
TGM-Nothing needs to be said about our set. The second match was quite intense, especially with the last stock. Good games.
Mr 3000-Lol at none of the stages countering Link. I'll have to look into that. I'm going to ahead and John by saying that I couldn't tell when your boomerang was still out. because the sound was off. Still, it was great playing against you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish I could edit my posts...

Anyways, there were no teams of low tier due to lack of interest from what I gather. Also, some guy was looking for you Mouf...something about MM him in a DK ditto. His DK looks somewhat beastly...

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
ya that was kamikaze kevin, ill have to take his money later ;)

we already dk ditto mm'd awhile back where i promptly 3-0'd his dk and spent tha 5 smackarooz on a tasty sandwich, so lemme make this clear to all my fanz, i am the best dk in texas, and i will not be beaten in dk dittoz by anybody ever

but ya KK we'll do that mm later

Riot_

Smash Cadet
Man today was so fun...

nothing about it was horrible except the tire thing...but that wasn't really anyones fault.

man james why did you have to go to dallas tho seriously, josh fun matches and nova you were cool in that carride through ****ing mexico land man what was that seriously lol

yeah everyone was cool thumbs up to everyone on their coolness.

G@BE

Smash Lord
If i had made it to the finals... I would have unleashed a new beat... peachy mc peach *****

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
okay no offense but wut in tha **** is up wit 3 and 4 how did that happen, too bad mouf wasnt there to regulate ;)[/QUOT

Certain people have increased in skill. There were a few upsets Mouf. Besides, I rock in guilty gear, that's all that matters. And if for some reason you don't believe me dear sir or anyone else...I'll take ya on and prove otherwise. :chuckle:

Shout OUTS!

Rocket Trainer: Good Games, all of them. Dont counter Link, just beat Link.
TGM: Always fun to play and talk smack with.
Tarzan: It's nice to see at least one other smasher being able to play something other than smash.
Roy R:...

As to everyone else. Good game to all. Oh and Team > Low Tier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Heh, well, like I said, I'm going to john and say I lost because there was no sound. <_<

It kind of sucked there wasn't teams or low tier. And random Accent Core ftw.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
This was seriously the most exciting day/tourney ever. I had so much fun I don't know where to start....

Roy- Finals as usual. Good stuff, although I really think you deserved to win it, those little mistakes ****ed us both up in the end. And that shine spike I got to win the match on yoshi's story... omg. Either way, good times man ur cool.

Allan- Fun seeing you, you were really cool to help me with the brackets as usual. And it was a BLAST at mcdonalds afterwards huh?

Kamikaze Kevin- Play Mouf

James- U should have came and tore up with ur DK. And u didnt even get to MM tarzan.

Tarzan- Sorry man... you must have been steaming after suiciding in both of our tourney matches. Don't worry, it happens to all of us. Just keep your cool next time, and you will be fine.

Brian(riot)- Good day of laughs and excitment huh? I mean cmon it doesn't get much better than that. Although I wish you would have entered singles, but thats okay.

Tony(prayb4meLOLZ)- Good day, thank god u didnt get pantsed.... i wouldnt wanna see that... ;) sorry about ur hat

Random asian guy that I said sucked- JK

Tobias- You better wreck with ur luigi next time, im counting on it!

Mr 3k/ Matt Damon- Nice placings

Austin people- Suck for not coming, BUT I UNDERSTAND. You didn't want to get ***** by me, don't worry everyone else feels the same way, but we step up in houston. Oh and sorry about not calling, It totally slipped my mind because....

Naeem(duke)/XZalla- Guys, it was fun at my house the night before the tourney. We had some good times, and we didn't even smash that much but it was okay hehe. I had fun with the bacardi XD. It was funny tho josh, cuz u talked ur *** off at my house but then when other people are around ur a silent wolf ;)

Other people- Good stuff Im sorry i forgot to mention you, but im sure seeing my amazing self was enough for you all ;)

There WILL be another one of these in 3-4 weeks. How could I not do one after the amazing result of this one? Keep in touch...

Everyone you tux lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We need more carpooling so the cops don't randomly show up again. There was barely enough space this time around. I don't want to get my car towed. :(

Velox

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, the store that I work with got robbed in the morning, so I had to go in.

Man, will Matt Damon and Tarzan take Houston smash to the next level? They seem too good even though I never really watched them play much last time/played them.

Riot_

Smash Cadet
LOL YES we need more of these more frequently....not spaced 2 months apart like hot and hungry tournament, then first one of this. Booooooo

TGM

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, the store that I work with got robbed in the morning, so I had to go in.

Man, will Matt Damon and Tarzan take Houston smash to the next level? They seem too good even though I never really watched them play much last time/played them.
they wont. matt D fought nobody hard untill the very end of the tourney. thats why i dislike tourney placement.

it matters WHO you beat, not WHERE you place.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Thats not always true

Someone obviously does not know how to seed brackets. If they were seeded right that would have never had happened.

TGM

Smash Lord
im not gonna rgue this point. im standing my ground on this.

A...... you dont seed when there is 20 people for turn out.

B......even with seeding, some times horrible players(matt D,jimbo) make it to higher rounds without a hard fight till the end.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
im not gonna rgue this point. im standing my ground on this.

A...... you dont seed when there is 20 people for turn out.

B......even with seeding, some times horrible players(matt D,jimbo) make it to higher rounds without a hard fight till the end.
Agreed. I heard all about this from another smasher...

G@BE

Smash Lord
im not gonna argue this point. im standing my ground on this.

A...... you don't seed when there is 20 people for turn out.

You say you don't like to argue cuz you don't want to be wrong Allan. You can seed a 20 man bracket you just have to try and think a lil harder then you normally do thats all. Thats when i start to remember why Tournament Hosts are not suppost to enter there own tournys cuz then they can seed the bracket to where. Matt.D and Jimbo would play first :p

Also **** seeds is what i like to call them...

I recall along *** time ago when I (2 years ago was the **** player) getting put up vs someone that is the top player such as Caveman in most big Tournaments its happened more then once. Just to through this out there. I have been put up vs Caveman both of my first rounds at each WTYM tournaments.

So to solve that Allan... If you could put Jimmy up vs Ronnie first round. Thats how it is usually done anyways.. Sucks for jimmy but at least you wont complain about "****y" people making it so far in a small tournament.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ok, so I saw "YCBM", and the only words I could think fit that was "Yall Come Back Meow", ya know, a Super Trooper pun...

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
You say you don't like to argue cuz you don't want to be wrong Allan. You can seed a 20 man bracket you just have to try and think a lil harder then you normally do thats all. Thats when i start to remember why Tournament Hosts are not suppost to enter there own tournys cuz then they can seed the bracket to where. Matt.D and Jimbo would play first :p

I recall along *** time ago when I (2 years ago was the **** player) getting put up vs someone that is the top player such as Caveman in most big Tournaments its happened more then once. Just to through this out there. I have been put up vs Caveman both of my first rounds at each WTYM tournaments.

So to solve that Allan... If you could put Jimmy up vs Ronnie first round. Thats how it is usually done anyways.. Sucks for jimmy but at least you wont complain about "****y" people making it so far in a small tournament.
Such hostility ladies and gentlemen!:laugh:All I have to say is that if someone is having a problem with continuous sucky placings on the tourney bracket then try and win more matches while in the loser's bracket, place higher through there and who knows, you'll most likely get a better position the next time. Instead of becoming cannon fodder, you can beat up cannon fodder. :lick:

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

Im glad I didnt go ton host... how many pro's were in my bracket...like all of them?...I know there was the most.

Top Bottom