• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitting the Knee

SMALLEOZ

Smash Rookie
I am having a lot of trouble hitting the knee when the character is sent on an angle. I can do easy stuff like stomp to knee, raptor to knee, and tech chase knee. I always see falcons do things like uair/nair to knee or down throw to knee but I cant seem to get the angle right, I usually knee bellow them. Is there a way to practice this easily?

Ocean Man

Smash Rookie
It depends on the specific situation. DI can play a huge role in whether or not the knee will connect. If you are not reaching high enough to get the knee, you can maybe try to double jump quickly at some point in the jump to make the knee line up. Another option is to up air instead of knee, because knee just plain can't reach sometimes. The trajectory sometimes just can't line up to get their in time with the knee. In my opinion up air is always going to work in these situations and should be used if you know you can't reach with the knee in time. Knee of course comes out slower than up air, so it is more likely you can combo into that than knee.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
I say go for every knee so you can determine when to use a knee and when to up air and just keep trying if you keep trying eventually you will gain that feel and will become boss at landing them.

Top Bottom