• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun data

LLLLegion

Smash Cadet
Hey, is there any place where I can find the amount of hitstun given by Roy's moves? I'm trying to figure stuff out.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I'm interested in getting the figures as well since I don't have 20XX.

Some of my crude observations:
All seem to have like 1.5x hitstun when sweetspotted
Hitstun is calculated based on knockback. So essentially you could figure it out crudely.

Ground attacks:

D-tilt obviously seems to have the longest initial hitstun for a non-smash attack. Seems to have a bit more than Marth's and it scales slowly

F-tilt, U-tilt seem almost exactly the same. Enough to push away and stun any character for a safe amount initially and scale well with damage.

D-Smash seems to have disappointingly low hitstun at low percents even when sweetspotted, less than Marth (very odd considering it's 30% more powerful). F-smash and Up-smash have more generous hitstun initially.

The DED finishers and 3rd hit enders have as much as an F-smash (and much more than Marth's fruity Swordance :awesome:) They also seem to scale just like F-smash in terms

Flare Blade - has good initial hitstun and scales exponentially as charged.

Jab - this move blows, hitstun is pathetic and animation is so long (31 FRAMES!) you get hit back a lot of the time. And since it's a jab it has set knock back so that means hitstun stays small too.

Blazer - has set hitstun and knockback - both directly correlate to opponent weight

Aerials:

2nd hit Nair has the most, followed by Bair, Fair seems to have much much less, Dair seems to have same as Bair (if not a spike) hard to tell since the opponent can tech on ground.

>>> This is what truly makes people consider Roy beneath Marth. Roy's aerials all seem to have less hitstun and knockback b/c they are weaker. It's a problem on FFers not really for floaties, but on FFers I like the low knockback since it makes connecting to L-cancelled aerials to ground attacks much easier up in higher percents (DTILT > FAIR >F-SMASH) so if you can combo the reduced hitstun doesn't really affect you. His SHFFL is faster too, allowing for more aerial to ground combos and platform combos even if he has like 1-2 more frames of lag. Just takes more timing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom