• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hitlag on nair

2SR

Smash Rookie
I can't get consistent at L cancelling her nair when it connects. i can do empty shffls pretty well, but as soon as i hit someone with nair i have lots of trouble. how did you ZSS mains learn to do it?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I can't get consistent at L cancelling her nair when it connects. i can do empty shffls pretty well, but as soon as i hit someone with nair i have lots of trouble. how did you ZSS mains learn to do it?
The same way I learned the timing for capt falcon's Dair on sheild. Do it a lot and try and pay attention to the rythym of your input spacing when you try and L cancel you have a seven frame window so you have some room for error.

2SR

Smash Rookie
alright thanks! I've been practicing it in training mode and I think I'm getting better. I'm new to learning ATs (unless you count short hopping), so should I keep focusing on SHFFLing, or are there other techs that are more important for ZSS? I've been learning RAR too.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Well, learning to control her positioning with grab is both difficult and important. For instance pivot grabs where she slides backwards, pivot grabs where she shoots forwards (pivot dash grab), learning to trick people with B-reversal laser to then land, dash, grab them.

Also learn to plasma wire boost where you jump immediately before up-B (I use tapjump). It's amazing for hitting characters really high up or surprising them offstage.

Top Bottom