• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitbox/Hurtbox Idea for Stream Replays

Boofed

Smash Rookie
So we've all seen the new replay tech being brought to the bigger tourneys now-a-days. I think it would be really interesting to somehow incorporate the 20XX hitbox/hurtbox overlays so the commentators can give in-depth analysis of the replays. With this technology we could see exactly how a player got hit and what they could have done (DI or otherwise) to prevent a lost stock.

I have no idea how this could be accomplished, but I could easily see it as the next evolution of SSBM streams and media. If you have an idea for how to do this, please take my idea as your own.

Good luck,
- Boof

20XX didn't make the hitbox viewwe as it is part of the normally inaccessible debug mode. In theory if you had the replay and an action replay you could do just that but I have no way of testing as I don't own an action replay.

Top Bottom