• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitbox Data & Knockback and Throw Frames Calculator

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I improved on a spreadsheet made by others (StrongBad, Toomai, and Kadano) and I want to share it for two reasons.

1. To let people know about it in case they were interested in frame data. This version should be easier to use with helpful vlookup tables and added annotations, as well as be more aesthetically pleasing.

2. I created a new sheet that calculates the frames of animation and hitstun on throws.

Download link

tauKhan

Smash Lord
According to this post by @Magus420 , staled damage should be floored for shield stun calculation. When you apply analog input 1.0 to the formula in the post, stun = floor {0.45*floor[damage] + 2} is the result. The formula used in the spreadsheet looks a bit different because it was adjusted to fix boundary cases mentioned in the post.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
According to this post by @Magus420 , staled damage should be floored for shield stun calculation. When you apply analog input 1.0 to the formula in the post, stun = floor {0.45*floor[damage] + 2} is the result. The formula used in the spreadsheet looks a bit different because it was adjusted to fix boundary cases mentioned in the post.
I can't tell if you're saying it should be changed or not ~_~ Are you saying keep the excel formula the same except change it to have floored damage? Or to change the whole thing? Or not?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're saying it should be changed or not ~_~ Are you saying keep the excel formula the same except change it to have floored damage? Or to change the whole thing? Or not?
Sorry, my post was ambiguos :ohwell: . The old formula gives right values at integer percentages, so just flooring staled damage should fix it. (If the more recently posted formula with analog effectsincluded is correct of course.)

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Sorry, my post was ambiguos :ohwell: . The old formula gives right values at integer percentages, so just flooring staled damage should fix it. (If the more recently posted formula with analog effectsincluded is correct of course.)
I still don't understand what you are saying, but I solved it myself.

Shieldstun frames against a full analog shield = floor[ {floor(dmg)*0.45+2} * {20/20.1} ]

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Shieldstun frames against a full analog shield = floor[ {floor(dmg)*0.45+2} * {20/20.1} ]
Yeah, that's exactly what I get as well.

When dmg <= 100, the old formula (with flooring) will give 1 frame too low stun at 38 and 76 dmg, o.w. it's correct.

Rococo

Smash Rookie
I'm working on importing this into a proper SQL database and noticed a couple invalid memory addresses from Toomai's original spreadsheet:
  • Link's up special air hit 3 id 3 should have memory address 0x51773c3c (row 1334 of your spreadsheet)
  • Sheik's bthrow hit 1 id 0 should have memory address 0x4e91db9c (row 2608 of your spreadsheet)

Last edited:
Top Bottom