• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hit property questions.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Simple enough - just a few questions regarding the hit properties of Wii Fit's moves.

1) Does the back hit of F-tilt (I call it B-tilt for short, but whatever. :V) juggle similarly to moves like Shiek's F-tilt or Mario's U-tilt, or is it just too slow?
2) Similar to question 1, just about U-tilt. I fear that U-tilt's hitbox might just be too small for that sort of effect, but it's worth asking.
3) Is U-smash reliable enough at hitting grounded opponents to make it worth using out of dash?

I know these seem like they'd be really easy to test, but I've only just really started playing Wii Fit Trainer and hitting these moves can be kinda difficult, so I've not had any time to really test their hit properties against a real player and not an AI.

Any other tips regarding useful hit properties of WFT's attacks are appreciated too!

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
This is just from my experience so I'm not 100% sure since I haven't double-checked your questions, I'm sure someone can verify with certainty though.

1. I think F-tilt is too slow to juggle, it has a lot of lag at the end of the move so I've never really tried to follow one up with another.
2. U-tilt does seem to be able to juggle at lower percentages, especially against heavy and big characters, but from my experience only for maybe 2 hits in a row, 3 at the most before your opponent can get out of it. I like to combo into the juggle with a neutral air and landing facing right in front of the opponent, and after the second hit you can sometimes follow up with u-smash or some jump attacks, though it's hard to time.
3. It's hard to hit opponents on the ground with u-smash unless you're right next to them, and I'm not sure but I think for some of the shorter characters it might not connect. If I'm not dashing, I usually only use it when I have a sense that an enemy is going to try and attack or pass directly overhead, usually near the edge (it's easier against bigger characters, or slower floaty characters like Jiggly Puff or Ness). Sometimes you can encourage opponents to pass overhead more often by having a fully charged sun salutation.

1: No, the knockback is too great and the hitstun too low to allow you to lead with another BTilt. It does set up aerials sort of nicely though.

2: Like Kikaioh said, in my experience it only juggles for about two hits at lower percents. It sets up NAir though

3: No. USmash has basically nonexistent horizontal range.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Everyone answered 1&2 well, so I'll add to 3:

I typically use Usmash to punish people who jump upwards from the ledge. I also use it to punish short hoppers and up B spammers (Ike, Kirby, Dedede, etc.), but I almost NEVER use it like Marth's weird up smash. Even though her knee is part of the move, I don't believe it has a hitbox at all. You're better off using a RAR Bair if you want to hit someone hard out of a dash.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
All great responses, thanks! Seems to have basically just cleared up any questions for me about Wii Fit Trainer at this point. ^^

Top Bottom