• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History Behind Mario's Moves Brawl Version

Clausking52

Smash Rookie
Inspired by CrappyCaptureDevice's History Behind Melee series i have decided to make the brawl version. Anyways i will be doing this for all the threads but i thought that i would start with mario. So all i really need is some help figuring out where all of his new moves come from (which is pretty much FLUDD and his final smash). I do know where FLUDD comes from but i thought that people could point out other stuff in case i missed something. so here is what i have so far.

FLUDD:
Same:
-Mario stays in place while shooting FLUDD
-He holds the neck of FLUDD when shooting just like in sunshine
-You can angle the stream upwards
-FLUDD does no damage like in sunshine
Different:
-You have to charge FLUDD in order to shoot a large stream
-The stream doesn't have nearly the same range as in sunshine
-The stream doesn't last as long as in sunshine
-FLUDD doesn't need to refil his water like in sunshine

Final Smash:
-From Super Mario RPG, Mario's Final Flame attack *Maybe* but most likely just an enhancment on Mario's original ability to use fire attacks

So if any of you people have any advice on anything i missed please comment so that i can have the most accurate video possible. :) Thanks again!

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
it was most likely inspired by a move he has in super mario RPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmrBZnzK0A he does it at 0:30 and again sometime after

mario's FS just looks like a 2-D version of the ultra fame attack mario does in the vid

the description of the video could help too

and on FLUDD you got everythign right, just a few things like
-FLUDD doest'nt need to 'refuel' on water like it had to in sunshine
-FLUDD does no damage like in sunshine

good luck man

bobson

Smash Lord
it was most likely inspired by a move he has in super mario RPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmrBZnzK0A he does it at 0:30 and again sometime after

mario's FS just looks like a 2-D version of the ultra fame attack mario does in the vid
I don't think so. If it was inspired by that, it would be more of a projectile spamming final smash than a one-off.
I think it's just a random extension of Mario's firepower Sakurai pulled out for Brawl.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
Mario did have to refuel water in SMS, but I guess in Brawl he's gotten really good at hydrogen bonding.
oh srry, I meant like in comparsison

like: humans cant fly around like in DBZ, but I fixed it

well I think thats the closest Sakurai could have gotten the 2 moves to resemble eachother,he probably thoguht of that, but that would have been cheap and probably not as satisfying s the Mario Finale,then again sonic can go supa saiyan so who am I to talk about cheap, but yea thats always a possiblity no one really knows, im just saying more people are leaning towards that as its origin as it does look alot like the Mario finale, I also saw a magazing showing mario's moveset and where they think his moves came from, and they thoguht the same

lol it could just be Sakurai, but again no one really knows, except for...Sakurai of course

Clausking52

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help guys! I think i have enough information to go and make the video now.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. If it was inspired by that, it would be more of a projectile spamming final smash than a one-off.
I think it's just a random extension of Mario's firepower Sakurai pulled out for Brawl.
I don't remember exactly, but I think in the Japanese scans of brawl final smash screen shots show cased in japan it stated and showed pics comparing SMRPG ultraflame to the brawl edition, and it pretty much functions within the same way: to at least torch every single enemy on screen in flames...

I'll have to post it for proof if I can find it...

Top Bottom