• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High tier mains/secondaries? Other games?

Happens2u

Writing Team
What other characters do most YL players like? My secondary melee character is falco, but I know at least Laijin plays sheik. At my local scene there are two other YL players and one plays falco and another falcon. I was considering switching mains on account of not really enjoying or having time for technical skill practice, plus hand problems concerns.

I was either considering sheik, because her zoning game I consider to be similar to YLs plus projectiles, but also I was considering doing the Zanguzen Falco deal because Falco is similar to YL with jumpsquat, short hop, wavedash length, top platform camping, great projectiles, and good dair. I also considered puff mainly because no tech skill or doing the DJ Nintendo fox thing. Also maybe Marth because he has a sword? Samus because of her projectile game? I'm pretty lost.

Also what characters do most YL players like in other smash games? I like Meta Knight so much in PM, he's basically perfect for me, like YL but viable and it's great. I guessed I just like small fast floaties with swords, and that's probably true.

Nikolos

Smash Rookie
I main young link since I really like how he plays but I also secondary DK cause he helps with many matchups, besides falco, that young link falls on.

Cerebrum

Smash Rookie
I split time pretty evenly between YL and ICs. They tend to cover each others' weak matchups decently. Plus they play so drastically differently that I don't muscle memory the wrong things when switching. I'm garbage at other smash games and my "mains" change based on the week, though.

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
What other characters do most YL players like? My secondary melee character is falco, but I know at least Laijin plays sheik. At my local scene there are two other YL players and one plays falco and another falcon. I was considering switching mains on account of not really enjoying or having time for technical skill practice, plus hand problems concerns.

I was either considering sheik, because her zoning game I consider to be similar to YLs plus projectiles, but also I was considering doing the Zanguzen Falco deal because Falco is similar to YL with jumpsquat, short hop, wavedash length, top platform camping, great projectiles, and good dair. I also considered puff mainly because no tech skill or doing the DJ Nintendo fox thing. Also maybe Marth because he has a sword? Samus because of her projectile game? I'm pretty lost.

Also what characters do most YL players like in other smash games? I like Meta Knight so much in PM, he's basically perfect for me, like YL but viable and it's great. I guessed I just like small fast floaties with swords, and that's probably true.
Do you not like Toon Link in PM as much?

Happens2u

Writing Team
Do you not like Toon Link in PM as much?
Honestly what really bothers me is his nair. I know it sounds weird, but his nair and dash attack are different enough that it feels totally wrong playing Toon Link in PM. Plus his bombs feel weird and less floaty to me. I wish I could like him more, actually.

Top Bottom