• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought his name was Akira, it has been awhile, apparently. Either way, he is definitely a character I would be interested in. Not sure about the realistic guns. Is that still a thing that bothers Sakurai, or have we finally moved past that? I digress, he would be sick. Definitely my favorite Persona protagonist, hands down. Not that there are many to choose from, but still.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Anyone mind making a graphic to advertise this thread in sigs and the first post?

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I thought his name was Akira, it has been awhile, apparently. Either way, he is definitely a character I would be interested in. Not sure about the realistic guns. Is that still a thing that bothers Sakurai, or have we finally moved past that? I digress, he would be sick. Definitely my favorite Persona protagonist, hands down. Not that there are many to choose from, but still.
Joker's real name was Akira in the Persona 5 manga, but is now being referred to as Ren in the Persona 5 anime I do believe. Canonically, Joker technically doesn't even have a name, simply being referred to as "Hero" in the Persona 5 credits. Technically you could feel free to call him whatever you want and you wouldn't be wrong. Personally I just refer to him as 'this guy"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This is a quick little diddy I made in paint. Unfortunately I have no prowess in graphic design or photo editing software, but this could work until we get something better!
Yeah, we can use that for now
Joker's real name was Akira in the Persona 5 manga, but is now being referred to as Ren in the Persona 5 anime I do believe. Canonically, Joker technically doesn't even have a name, simply being referred to as "Hero" in the Persona 5 credits. Technically you could feel free to call him whatever you want and you wouldn't be wrong. Personally I just refer to him as 'this guy"
Ren is the canon name since Dancing Star Night and various merch is also using it. It also came from the director of the game

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I remember during the marketing a lot of people were calling him "Chair-kun." I just stuck with Harry Potter myself.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Oh count me in. I don't really believe he would get in, but a man can dream. Love the character.

EDIT: Just whipped this up.

Last edited:

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I honestly want Joker to be in smash so bad lol, I don't think it will happen but then i look at Cloud and have a little hope again. Plus Q2 is coming to 3DS, so we'll see! Plus I saw translated pieces from Sakurai's columns that he is somewhat fond of the persona series.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I honestly want Joker to be in smash so bad lol, I don't think it will happen but then i look at Cloud and have a little hope again. Plus Q2 is coming to 3DS, so we'll see! Plus I saw translated pieces from Sakurai's columns that he is somewhat fond of the persona series.
Got a link to the column?

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I personally try to not to think to hard about probability, Sakurai is quite unpredictable after all.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Assist trophies, items, and trophies?
I'd think in terms of assist trophies, Jack Frost is the most obvious choice. He's Atlus' mascot, he's got a ton of prominence in the Shin Megami Tensei series, and he's very recognizable.

I think the craftable items might make for good items, but I'm not quite sure since I didn't find myself using them much for my playthroughs. Maybe they can have a Goho-M that makes you respawn without losing a stock?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I kept wondering where this thread went, and then I remembered that I could use the Support Thread Directory to find it. So now that I'm here, I'd love to be added to the list! Joker is easily my most-wanted third party character for Smash, and I'd be ecstatic if it could happen somehow. Would be nice if they included more than once costume, too - the default would, no doubt, be the Phantom Thief outfit, but hopefully another one could be the Shujin uniform. Maybe they could even reference the whole series, and give him the uniform from each game? That would be pretty great!

For Assist Trophies, the two that immediately come to mind are Caroline and Justine, or Bus Morgana. Caroline and Justine could use Personas to attack your opponents with spells, and Bus Morgana could run people over and use the tackle you use to attack stuff in Mementos - I imagine getting slammed by a bus would send you flying a little bit. :p As for items, maybe a card that summons a Persona? To keep it from being too expansive, the options would probably consist of each protagonist's first one, and that's it. Though this idea does seem like it's pushing it a little, haha. Trophies are a lot less limited - besides the obvious ones for doing modes as Joker, they could have trophies of other characters, items, or even locations from the game!

Definitely sign me up! As I said before, Joker is my most-wanted third party character, so I'd love to support him!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Why on God’s green earth is the title of the thread not Joker steals the spotlight?

I support, P5 is amazing, needs a switch port tho.

My main motivation is I want the persona soundtrack in smash, that would be lit.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Why on God’s green earth is the title of the thread not Joker steals the spotlight?

I support, P5 is amazing, needs a switch port tho.

My main motivation is I want the persona soundtrack in smash, that would be lit.
That's a great idea! I messaged the owner of the thread with ideas to improve it, but unfortunately he hasn't been online since monday. I'll make sure he sees this too!

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
As for items, maybe a card that summons a Persona? To keep it from being too expansive, the options would probably consist of each protagonist's first one, and that's it. Though this idea does seem like it's pushing it a little, haha. Trophies are a lot less limited - besides the obvious ones for doing modes as Joker, they could have trophies of other characters, items, or even locations from the game!

Definitely sign me up! As I said before, Joker is my most-wanted third party character, so I'd love to support him!
I feel like keeping it limited to each protagonists first persona might be a bit, not varied enough? I think the most optimal thing they could do with a card item is pick one Persona from each Arcana. Fool could be Decarabia, Magician could be Jack Frost, Lovers could be Pixie, ect. They could probably even pull their models from P5 so it wouldn't be much hassle.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I feel like keeping it limited to each protagonists first persona might be a bit, not varied enough? I think the most optimal thing they could do with a card item is pick one Persona from each Arcana. Fool could be Decarabia, Magician could be Jack Frost, Lovers could be Pixie, ect. They could probably even pull their models from P5 so it wouldn't be much hassle.
Tower can be Mara

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Logged in my account for the first time in 2 years just to say that I support Joker 100% in Smash 5.

If he actually ends up being in the game, I will main him, and devote my life resources to becoming the best Joker main on the planet.

HelloSpy

Smash Cadet
Before now, I really didn't think of him as a character, but now that I think of it could fit in pretty well. Especially since Persona 5 is one of my favorite games.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Hey y'all, made this fun little image to represent one of my most wanted newcomers for this game, even though he's got a snowball's chance.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I'll throw in my support for Joker. P5 is amazing, and Atlus has a huge presence on Nintendo hardware. Would love an enhanced version of P5 on the Switch.

What would the stage be like though?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'll throw in my support for Joker. P5 is amazing, and Atlus has a huge presence on Nintendo hardware. Would love an enhanced version of P5 on the Switch.

What would the stage be like though?
Velvet Room or Sae's Palace

Top Bottom