• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hideki Kamiya want's to make a game in which Dante and Bayonetta meet

Do you want to see Dante appear in a Bayonetta game?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No *silently judging you*

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hideki Kamiya has gone on record stating that he was approached by the development team behind Project X Zone 2, the 3DS crossover game starring Capcom, Sega, NamcoBandai, and Nintendo characters. He was asked if he would be alright with the inclusion of Bayonetta in the game, though he was against the idea, on the grounds he wanted to be the one who would direct/create the game in which Bayonetta and Dante officially meet. Hes gone on record stating he regrets not including her since he now knows fans really wanted her inclusion.

However recently in a poll on Twitter Hideki Kamiya asked fans which incarnation of Dante, from the Devil May Cry franchise, they would like to see interacting with Bayonetta. He asks if fans want to see his DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, or DMC4 incarnation meet with her (I my self stated DMC2 in design, but DMC4 in personality). In response to this Hashimoto, the Director of Bayonetta 2, tweeted a response to Kamiya's, stating he would like it if Dante could appear in a possible Bayonetta 3. Given the fact that PlatinumGames have gone on record stating they want to make a Bayo3, and that they are considering keeping Bayonetta a Nintendo Exclusive franchise, as long as Capcom is willing to work out an arrangement with PG, Sega, and Nintendo, Dante could very well appear in the next mainstream Bayonetta game.

what do y'all think? Would you like to see Dante appear in a Bayonetta game in the future?

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I'm all for him being in Bayonetta 3, though frankly, it would be nothing mindblowing.
Cloud Strife, Solid Snake, Bayonetta, Pacman, Megaman, and other 3rd parties being playable in smash-games has set the bar way too high for that.

-Only case i'd oppose Dante being in Bayo 3 would be if they picked the awful DMC-reboot Dante. (Looking at you, Playstation All-stars.)

edit: Hmm, not to be rude, but does this warrant it's own thread?
This could have been posted in the social thread, especially seeing it doesn't have anything to do with smash.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idc as long as I get a Bayonetta 3

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
DMC4 is winning the twitter poll, which I wouldn't mind, but DMC3 dante would be the best for me cuz of how cool and cocky he is, yet being very naive

D

Deleted member

Imagine if it'd be a multiplayer in which one player controls Bayonetta and the other Dante.
:042: <- my face screaming for this to happen

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Imagine if Project X Zone 3 gets made and Bayo and Dante are in it. They'd create so much carnage.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Imagine if Project X Zone 3 gets made and Bayo and Dante are in it. They'd create so much carnage.
In all honesty I would rather Dante and Bayo meet in a game where they can be the main focus. Having them meet in PXZ2 would have been nice, however in a game with so many characters their interactions would be limited for the sake of other interactions. I'm kinda glad that Hideki told them he didn't want Bayo in the game, simply because Dante and Bayo meeting in a 3D action game would be far more enjoyable than them meeting in a 2D sprite based RPG.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Can you imagine what the age rating would be? 95% of the game's dialogue would be innuendo.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dante doesn't do mature content....
Only the 2013 aberration does.
I was more referring to Bayonetta. You hear the stuff she says to Luka, imagine what she'd say to someone that doesn't blame her for the death of his parent.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
DMC4 dante has a certain charm to it, he gives off a vibe of being very experienced and hardened yet still silly and cocky at the same time. Considering the release of DMC4 special edition, hopefully we get the real dante if they were to cross over. The banter between the two would be hilarious.

Top Bottom