• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden Gems: The Games that Seemingly Only You Played

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I suppose the Zero Escape series would count, right?

If not ZE, then I guess Patapon.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
There was this game my parents had on their old, old computer. It was called "Insaniquarium Deluxe", it was this weird fishtank game where aliens would come in and try to eat your fish. It was pretty fun.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
There was this game my parents had on their old, old computer. It was called "Insaniquarium Deluxe", it was this weird fishtank game where aliens would come in and try to eat your fish. It was pretty fun.
Oh lol! This game! I played it on an airplane once! They had it on the screen on the back of the seats, and it certainly was pretty insane. (Why are miniature aliens coming from another dimension into my fish tank just to eat my fish?!?) Pretty fun though!

Shounen

Smash Rookie
Well since it's Halloween I've been playing THIS bad boy

(Warning: Video may contain some graphic content suitable for a M-Rated game)

Ice-Pick Lodge has always been known for making very strange, very experimental, and very pretentious indie games. And I LOVE them.

The HD re-release just dropped and I couldn't be anymore excited.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Maybe not in Japan, but to the rest of the world it sure it sure seems like it.
Gosh I love this game.

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman

Seriously, are there any non-Ashley fans of the WarioWare series anymore at all?

Gamer aside, the whole microgame thing with the series has run its course at this point. And this game, in this now underrated series, has actually given the cast a new direction. It's sad to see that not many people played this game, and it's also one of the few Wii U games that actually makes use of the GamePad. And I'd hate to see all these brilliant characters in the franchise go to waste.

Game & Wario was only a start, but I still await the day they make a Kirby Super Star-style platformer for all the WarioWare characters, where you play as different characters in every mission. Seeing as WarioWare games have been continually bombing over time, that kind of game would be the thing to get the series back on its feet again.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Got another game to post about and it's one that I'm very surprised not many people talk about.

I've never heard about this game before, but after trying it out for the first time a few days ago, it's actually not that bad. It plays somewhat like platformers from the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper, for example, with some action bits in it. It originally came out for the PS2 and 5 years later for the DS. The DS version plays differently than the PS2 version, though. It's more of a stealth platformer than just an action-adventure platformer, but unlike the PS2 version, which did pretty decently when it came out, the DS version ended up being a terrible game probably due to it being more stealth-based.

If you like 3D platformers, then I recommend this one. I haven't gotten too far in the game, but so far, I can tell it's a decent forgotten title. Legend of Kay was recently re-released for the PS3, PS4, X360, PC, and the Wii U (which is the version I tried out first), but since the PS2 version's really cheap, I'd probably go for that one instead.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Should mention my first video game ever was a Ubisoft knock off of Nintendogs, but with cats!

It was called Catz or something like that. They made numerous other knockoffs with various other animals, too.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Wario Land for the Virtual Boy. (Only played it on an emulator though) Still think VB games could really shine on the 3ds.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Adventure Island 3 or as my 2 year old self called it "Boy". It had everything skateboards, platforming, mountable dinosaurs wearing sunglasses.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
2 Games from my childhood I really enjoyed. I don't remember them being that hard, but damn were they good at killing my boredom

Mercury Meltdown Remix for the PS2

And Zubo for the DS

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Not an obscure game, but I don't know anyone in particular besides my bros who've played this. We played this game for hundreds of hours. Good memories...

Last edited:
Top Bottom