• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi

Aracrist

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards forums, I am Aracrist.
While not exactly new to Smash Bros, I am new to the competitive scene and have begun to get into it!
Melee was a large part of my childhood and many hours were spent screwing around with my older bro.
Also, I'm not too great at forum stuff but I'm giving it a try for this community as it never ceases to amaze me.
So here is the general stuff:
  • Who do you main in 64/Melee/Brawl/PM/SSB4, why?
I main Captain Falcon in Melee because I played Ganon extensively as a kid and I just can't get behind him anymore. Also, I don't believe Ganon is too great comparatively, but I still get to have fun with his moves Falcon!

In P:M I main Roy because... well... fire. I love the Fire Emblem series, (no Awakening yet for me!! :() and playing as Marth appeals to me less.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? Do you know anyone here?
I joined Smashboards because I have been a lurker for the past month or so and have finally nutted up. I do not know anyone but I look forward to getting to know you all and making some cool new friends!
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I don't attend tournaments as of yet, but I hope to get in the Louisiana scene soon! I will say I suck balls at smash and that is also why I haven't gone yet and on the other hand the best way for me to improve is to go out there and just play. I'm hoping I can get out to a tournament here in Baton Rouge on August 9th, as it looks like it is the soonest. It seems to be melee only, but I don't mind too much :)
  • Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
Used to be a big anime fan, but video games have taken over for the most part. I'm currently in the middle of playing (and replaying some) of the entire Legend of Zelda series. I had to take a break because of a trip to Stanford however, and I am currently on Zelda 2 palace 5.
  • What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
I used to play a lot of Mount & Blade: Warband and Napoleonic Wars DLC under a different name and I was a part of their community, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, generally anything Nintendo I'll enjoy. As for clubs all I'm a part of is mock trial.

Well, hope this wasn't too lengthy and I'm glad to have done it.
Fellow smashers, I look forward to talking with you all soon!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The number of Fire Emblem fans I see continues to increase as I read through intros, wow :) Do you have a favorite so far?

I used to main Roy in PM for the same reason, however, I decided to go with Ganon to be my main guy because Ganondorf is just too awesome. Roy is still in my small pool of characters though. Although he's one of my least favorite lords, I use him because when it comes to PM, he's my better character compared to Marth and Ike. Ike is my favorite.

Anyways, welcome to the forums Aracrist! Hope you enjoy your stay. I'm sure I'll catch you around on the forums sometime.

Aracrist

Smash Rookie
Thank you R0Y (amazing name) and Hokori.
I'm glad many here share my sentiments about Fire Emblem.
I also don't like Roy as a lord too much and my favorite Fire Emblem is Path of Radiance.
I also would like to begin to play Ike as he seems pretty fun, and he is pretty damn awesome throughout the series.
Thanks again for the welcome!

Top Bottom