• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi! Name's Landon, Series Veteran and Mario Main

LandonRobinson

Smash Veteran
NNID
OptimumForge
3DS FC
2148-8311-3367
Hey everybody, nice to be here.

So again, my name's Landon, I've been playing Smash since 64, Melee is my most played game (hundred of hours like most of you), and I got up every morning at 5am to catch the Smash Bros dojo updates for Brawl before class. I've always played with friends and never on a competitive scene level, outside of a couple of friendly Brawl matches during the game's early launch period.

In the past year and change, I've really fallen back into playing a bunch of Smash, and watching just about everything the competitive Melee scene has to offer. I used to work in the games industry as a news editor, working for Machinima for 5 years and consulting work for IGN, Western Digital, and some others -- I was the data manager for eSports tournaments held by IGN called IPL, which is a property now owned by Blizzard and is SC2-focused.

Right now, I'm a college graduate starting a software engineering gig (outside of the games world) and playing a good bit of Project M as Mario (and some Fox/Falco) in my spare time. I'm dipping my toes into the local (NC) tournaments for fun, but really hope to dive headfirst into Smash 4. Hopefully a great scene evolves around that.

I'd love to meet more up-and-coming players as well as some seasoned ones -- hopefully some that have good Mario strategies? I love Melee more than I can describe, but I don't want to pick it up in any competitive sense. Brawl seems hard to go back to after so much PM, so PM is where I'm focusing my time now.

So again, thanks for the warm welcome! Good to already make some friends with folks.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice to see you around SWF Landon!

A pretty interesting background you have there. Since you're in NC, you may see me at some tournaments after Smash 4's release since I may be coming by every now and then to play out of state.

Top Bottom