• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi I need help with Riivolution

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Alright, so I have riivolution v1.05 with a 4.3U system, I installed the channel and can run it from homebrew as well. I put all the files in the correct places, then ran Riivolution. My card is a 4GB SDHC which is why I am using the riivolution method but the problem I seem to be having is interesting and I haven't seen any information on this so I'll explain it as best as I can. By the way, my wii is not a launch day wii, it's a black one but it still has backwards compatability if that's important.

When I run Riivolution It will boot up normally and I can choose which mods to enable or disable via the mod launcher which was included in the installer off of the project m website. Now when I hit launch, no matter what is enabled or disabled if I leave my wiimote on it will desync then the screen will freeze and I have to hard boot my system by holding the powerbutton, however when I remove the batteries right after hitting launch, it continues to run normally as if nothing is wrong, then when I attempt to sync my wiimote or even just hit a button, the screen freezes like before and I must hard boot. Now here's the interesting part, I had one instance when loading brawl- where the wiimote actually worked up until I tried to start a training match. The announcer said "Ready" Then "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" non-stop annoying buzzing sound which happens whenever the screen freezes while sound is playing.

I have tried removing all but the riivolution files, and running with no XML files at all, wiimote causes crashing.

I tried using riivolution to run Sin and punishment: Star successor as well as Shiren the Wanderer, those games both work like a charm.

I tried deleting all of my Replays, photos and custom stages, that did not work.

All I want to do is play project M and Brawl- and also use a dry bowser texture that I got from brawl vault, maybe I'll even add some fun texture and music packs later on, but for now I just want to get this up and running, is anyone able to help me?

amsams

Smash Rookie
I don't have experience with Brawl-, but I had similar problems with Riivolution and loading Project: M. I decided to download the hackless Wii zip file (it works even though the Wii is softmodded) and it works like a charm. I believe if your wii is softmodded, it can read 4gb cards. If I were you, I would try the hackless method for Project: M. It should work then, and you can use textures by placing them in the fighter folders.

Top Bottom