• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi everyone, I'm new to Smashboards!

coolarj10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolarj10
3DS FC
1736-2533-1640
Hi everybody! My name is Arjun.

I never really admitted to being a Smash addict until today when my 3DS said I've played over 6,500 matches.

Hopefully I can meet new people, friends, and sparring partners through the Smashboards.

I play exclusively as Kirby, and I've only been playing 1-on-1 For Glory.

What motivated me to come here today? Well, most of the For Glory matches are getting monotonous. The same patterns and styles keep coming up over and over again. Once in a while I do come across an amazing player, and the battles are super intense. However, the player will often quit after only one or two matches, which is not helpful for practicing against a particular character or style.

I figured rather than playing online hoping I may eventually come across a great player, I'd join the Smashboards and find a whole bunch! I would love nothing more than to be beaten to a pulp. At least then I could improve.

I don't really know where I stand skill-wise because I haven't played against people that are as skilled as what you see on YouTube (e.g. Apex/Smash Attack/Sm4sh Weekly). My For Glory Last 100 Winrate fluctuates between 75-90%.

Everything I've said above has been all about me: "I want to improve", "I want to play better players", etc. But the truth is, I'm also here to help as well. I'm totally down to play against someone who feels they aren't that good yet, or want to practice a certain style, move, or even repeat a situation to build muscle memory.

--
Some of my most difficult match-ups are:
Luigi
Mario
Sonic
Fox
Pit

Some of my biggest weaknesses/bad habits are:
+I roll too much. Especially when I'm on the edge of the map trying to get back into the middle. Unfortunately, hardly anyone punishes me for this so I am having difficulty breaking this habit.
+I am not good at making safe landings after being attacked in the air.
+I use the final cutter as a recovery option too much, but don't get punished for it.
+I try too hard to chase after players that are faster than me.
--

I'm going to head on over to the 3DS Friend Code page, hopefully some of you will want to play! I prefer the 3DS controller (faster response time, less analog stick movement), but I'm down to play on the Wii U as well.

Best regards,
Arjun

tl;dr: Hi I'm Arjun. I play Kirby. What's your friend code?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @HunterNinjaReaperPirate♤♠ @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

coolarj10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolarj10
3DS FC
1736-2533-1640
Thank you everybody, and thanks for the links!

coolarj10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolarj10
3DS FC
1736-2533-1640
Hey there, I'd love to play!

My 3DS friend code is: 1736-2533-1640

I'm on right now in case you're in the mood.

Top Bottom