• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi, everybody!

Sn0Flake

Smash Rookie
So, I'm new to Smash. I recently watched the documentary and that got me really interested in the competitive scene, even though I already played for fun. I'm a Marth main in Melee, PM and Brawl, though I alt Ike in PM and Brawl. If you can't tell, I'm a pretty big Fire Emblem fan haha. The reason I main FE characters comes from the fact that I got into Fire Emblem from Marth and Roy's appearances in Melee, so basically my love for both series went full circle.

I'm looking to go to a few local tournaments in the near future to see if I could be any good at competitive Smash, and considering I live in the Pittsburgh area, that shouldn't be a problem.

Hopes for Smash 4 have already pretty much been fulfilled with Robin/Lucina, so any new characters aren't really going to hype it up any more for me (never was a Ridley fan). That said, I mained Ganondorf/Mewtwo before I was aware that tiers existed, so I'm kinda hoping that they come back.

In short, I'm just looking forward to breaking into the Smash scene a bit and experiencing Smash 4 with you guys!

Last edited:

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
Welcome! I see that you like the fire emblem characters as well! Although i stopped using them in smash, i used to play Marth in both melee and PM haha! But now im pretty much looking forward to Lucina and robin as much as you are! Also, from what you saw in the documentary what aspects of the competitive scene interested you in joining?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Being a Fire Emblem fan automagically grants you 3 cool points. As you can tell from my location, avatar and Smash 4 main in the background of my posts, I too, am a Fire Emblem fan. I've been playing since the series came to the states :)

Always nice to see more true FE fans on Smashboards, welcome!

Sn0Flake

Smash Rookie
Welcome! I see that you like the fire emblem characters as well! Although i stopped using them in smash, i used to play Marth in both melee and PM haha! But now im pretty much looking forward to Lucina and robin as much as you are! Also, from what you saw in the documentary what aspects of the competitive scene interested you in joining?
Glad to know I'm not the only one hyped for those two. Also, I guess I'm most interested in finding a community where I can just be myself, have fun and play Smash. It sounds really cliche, but the part that appealed to me the most was that community of people who love Smash as much as I do.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Glad to know I'm not the only one hyped for those two. Also, I guess I'm most interested in finding a community where I can just be myself, have fun and play Smash. It sounds really cliche, but the part that appealed to me the most was that community of people who love Smash as much as I do.
Sure, it sounds cliche, but it's the honest truth and that's the beauty of this here community that we have.

Top Bottom