• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heya!

Raikun

Smash Rookie
I am a new ike player, bought this game on japanese release and started playing properly since last friday when it came out over here where I am currently living, in the UK.

I have read many parts to the guides and I can only hope I can play against other IKE players soon! ^^

I have a few questions for Ike which justify this topic ww, is it advisable to short hop a lot with him( I have trouble short hopping, my natural reflex is to jam the button hard) or can I get away with just jumping?

Thank you for your help!

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Short hoping is important for every character so you will need to get it down. Don't worry, if you practice you will get it quickly.

Good luck with Ike, he is a fun character but takes some work.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just jump. Wheteher I get ashort hop or regular jump it doesn't matter. Check the stickied guides for more Ike info.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Sh is really important, especially his with his fair. If you jam the button, try sliding your finger quickly while pushing down. This is how i learned SH, and it's easier.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
It doesn't matter if you jam the button. Short hopping is done by pressing the button as short a s possible. You can still hit it as hard as you like though, just let go of it fast.

And yeah it's very important that you can sh or full jump at will. Both are useful but in different situations. So having both at your disposal gives you more options.

Top Bottom