• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HEY WOW ANOTHER NEW VIDEO FROM THE GREAT SIGHRAX? wowww amazing

Sighrax

Smash Lord
nope, 8:30-5 M-F, working night shifts at a restaurant F-M. D:~ And I was also going to school for 6 credit hours so... yeah -_-

Smash was not high on the priority list.

But in 1 week I'm down to 1 job and full time school! Hooray!

technomancer

Smash Champion
Good stuff. Might I recommend when you use your second jump in the air not coming down with a knee? It's laggy even when L-cancelled, and the weak hit is outprioritized by pretty much everything. Use n-air instead, it takes up more time and space, has more priority, and has less landlag. I think I saw this a few times, but it was most apparent somewhere in the middle of the battlefield match with Falco. You were just like um... hey come run into this knee!

And stop killing yourself lol.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
hehe, these videos are a result of lots of non practice. now that im quitting one of my jobs on friday i'll be able to hit up mas practice :)
but like i said, i never get to play against space animals.

if you watched the ganon fight, you can see how well i handle that stuff. still have a tough time with tipman though :]

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
vs chop first match:
-nice spacing for Dair at 7 seconds. Far enough to land a Dair but too far for a shine
-nice knee at 50 seconds in. no combo or anything, just: Hey guess what I've got for you coming out of my shield!
-Two times you threw him hoping he'd roll into your Dsmash and he teched in place. maybe remember that for future games
-I saw a few times after an attack you'd try to knee him or whatever assuming he'd miss a tech. He seems to be a pretty technically gifted Falco so I'd assume he nails the tech everytime. I also noticed he techs backwards a lot when a good combo opportunity comes up for you. Another thing to note.

Something I really didn't see at all during this match was rolling. I'm a huge believer in rolling vs space animals. Shieldgrabbing is so tough to pull off, it has to do with lack of technical skill on your opponents side rather than skill of your own. I'd replace almost all shieldgrabs with rolls. I counted 5 times in which Falco was able to shine you our of your shield and 0 shieldgrabs on your part. The only reason you should stay shielded is if you plan to do something in that exact position after the lag of their attack. Due to Falco's lack of lag and the speed at which a shine comes out, it's almost never a good idea to shield against him. it's almost always better to roll. Just be careful because rolling too much is obviously really punishable. But you almost never roll, and it seems like you try to set up for shieldgrabs or aerials out of shielding when falco's shine will almost always outprioritize you. I only watched the one game because I have court in 5 hours because I'm a badass rebel who has no respect for the law! I'll comment on more later.

Overall I thought it was a good game with good players and I enjoyed watching it. I saw the teams, but it's a bit different than 1v1 so I won't get as deep into those. But that comeback was awesome. major props.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Lol so much love for Angelo :) The only singles matches I win are some of the ones from Willvolution and against Phanna. Yeah, I'll say it a billion times over, I have a huge lack of space animal practice, so yeah, I'll keep in mind the whole rolling instead of shieldgrab. The thing is, whenever I roll, either Doodah or Chops (Fox/Falco I'd say I play the most) will just waveshine :[. I do play a bit better in the other match vs Chops however, getting him to at least one stock. Chops is just like... a **** technical Falco, and that's scary. If you watch the video of me against the Ganon player Riot, after that, is me vs LogiKz, another Falcon player who wouldn't ditto me because he said he would lose :urg:. So that's how I do against a different style of Falco.

So it's a real tough decision imho.

Anyway, yeah it's weird that you mention the teching thing because a lot of people don't tech and I can "isai stomp" them a few times (I do it to Doodah in the newest set of vids). Chops, however, techs everything basically. Btw, I did take a match off of DaShizWiz (if you know him) last week at a tourney. He was as shocked as I was ;)

Thanks for the comments though, I'd appreciate any more.

Linguini

Smash Master
I only have one word of advice. Try not to recover to the ledge with a knee which is what I saw you do several times in the matches against pete.
I feel bad for riot,lmao(tear**)

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
I only have one word of advice. Try not to recover to the ledge with a knee which is what I saw you do several times in the matches against pete.
I feel bad for riot,lmao(tear**)
lol i cant play sighrax seriously, and when it comes down to it he cant either its pretty much who ever sandbags more loses. we just have nothing to prove to each other we started this game practicing together so we know what we can do already. although i havent played him in like a month now ;_; where have you been sigh? where? ;_; *tears tears*

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
i tried to call you yesterday you didn't pick uP!!!! :( this girl is making me go crazy!!!!
pshhh you sent me a text message from one of my best sleep deprived rant phrases ever from when i decided that not only is the other team my target but my own partner in a tourny match

"Stop fückin' with my sexy"

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
sighrax you got a good falcon. dont really have any advice for your falco problem cause i dont play any falcos but just keep playing them and im sure youll find a way to beat them.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Those teams vids were pretty hot. Shiz and RockCroc are too good. So are you guys :D

Top Bottom