• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HEY WOW ANOTHER NEW VIDEO FROM THE GREAT SIGHRAX? wowww amazing

Sighrax

Smash Lord

audreyh

Smash Ace
all i've got is <3 for sighrax

edit
i hope you don't mind that i make just a couple suggestions.

1. i was talking to jiano about the falco matchup, and his main goal is to shield the shl approach, and when falco comes closer, jump out of shield and shffl an nair. "That's all I ever try to do vs falco." Of course try and watch for when the falco dairs/nairs since the dair/nair has priority to the max. Personally, its made the matchup so much easier.
2. the marth's multiple utilts was saddening =/ please DI the opposite way and you won't get triple utilt to uair uair whatever. Also, I wouldn't want to change your style, but more patience will make the marth matchup a hundred times easier.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know about the marth matchup a lot more now than I did a month ago. I wait a lot more for grabs and openings than just all out aggro as I once did. I don't know WHY I wasn't DI'ing those Utilt's however... It's the uair's from marth that always get me :(

The problem with shielding vs Falco when he is SHL is that (as you can see) people like Lambchops (arguably one of the best Falco's in the states, seriously) will SHL so well that as soon as the laser hits the shield (before I have the chance to jump out and nair) they are already grabbing. This presents a problem and is the main reason why I like to double jump and attack from high up vs Falco. Other than that, how were the teams matches? :X It was our first time teaming and my first time with any Falco. We came in 2nd :[

Sighrax

Smash Lord
any other suggestions for me, guys? if you want to see more recent videos, id watch the ones of me at willvolution.

its me vs doodah in a best of 5 and then me vs lex in 4 games.

:E just search sighrax on youtube :E

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol...

those vids are a bad example... i dont really pillar much anymore, i've moved to waveshining, which is really easy to do to CF with uairs and nairs mixed in...

Sighrax

Smash Lord
i know dawg, im sure you're better than that vid showed etc. but im just saying it sure as hell aint an easy fight

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i know dawg, im sure you're better than that vid showed etc. but im just saying it sure as hell aint an easy fight
Wait a sec Sig, you play Viperboy?...hes my hero. If you play him I have mad respect for you...mad...respect... <_< ^_^'

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Sadly captain falcon does have a terrible time against the falco. As far as the whole falco lazer approach well... there are many ways falco can vary his approach and many ways to deal with it. Sadly most ways of dealing with it aren't that great. You need to pay attention to falco's spacing with the lazer approach. Sometimes you can jump out of your shield with an arial, sometimes just try to roll and get the hell outa there. I'm going to try just plain crouch cancelling lazers when he gets close and then land a couple jabs. In fact I am finding jabs to be a very nice tool with fighting the speed demon space animals.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I think I'll be doing a double falcon team next gigabits with GAWes (Our Savior Marth on the boards). If we get videos, I'll be sure they get put up ASAP :]

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
This match vs derf in the poke stadium really ****ed me up... There was too much green:dizzy: Your falcon is awsome I like your style but You shouldn't be too much offensive vs a marth or his priority will **** you. Show us more vid.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I'll be trying to get more vids up from the tourney on the 17th. We'll see :)

Also Doodah you wish dawg. His marth is actually pretty beast though, but he'll probably never play any other char of his seriously in tourney.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
well sighrax u definetly need to air dodge more towards the stage instead of always up b'ing the marth u fight fights like my team mates marth check it out(_top of my sig is the link to the vids) and look for venom vs shirryuoni (im venom)

technomancer

Smash Champion
You guys would be a great team if you would STOP FING KILLING EACH OTHER, and ooh wow nice comeback.

Edit#2 ooh g-reg vidz.

Edit #3 Sighrax has a better SHFFL than G-reg lol.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
well sighrax u definetly need to air dodge more towards the stage instead of always up b'ing the marth u fight fights like my team mates marth check it out(_top of my sig is the link to the vids) and look for venom vs shirryuoni (im venom)
No offence but Iv seen your vidz and Sig could probbably 2 stock you and the others on your crew...Im not sayin your not good, Im just sayin Sig knows what hes doin.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
LOL, Sighrax destroys Marths now. I dont remember him sucking this bad.

And Sighrax, Lambchops should main Marth. His Marth is toooooooo good.
DUDE i know it's... ridiculously scary. We go even, basically. Which is scary :(

Venom, thanks for the 'advice' but one of the things I do decently is DI so I'm fine with recovering how I do for now.

You guys would be a great team if you would STOP FING KILLING EACH OTHER, and ooh wow nice comeback.

Edit #3 Sighrax has a better SHFFL than G-reg lol.
That was our first time teaming together ever (true story) and even Chops himself says he was rusty :/ But thanks, I don't know how I have a better SHFFL than G-Reg, I use Z to L-cancel O_o

No offence but Iv seen your vidz and Sig could probbably 2 stock you and the others on your crew...Im not sayin your not good, Im just sayin Sig knows what hes doin.
lol *pound* i got so many money matches to do this weekend :urg:

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
sighrax, I dont think you double jumped enough against falco. I dont think its really possible to beat a falco that good without some more double jumps. falcon gets ***** when short hopping against falcos lasers. i know you mentioned the double jumping approach. im just reiterating it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
My advice for Falcon vs Falco is to grab alot, techchase if you can. But most of all try to run at the falco trying to powershield, thats what I did when I was fighting chops at momaid in friendlies. But hey, they were just friendlies lol. My CF is pretty good vs Falco somewhat because of KeepSpeedN's falco.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get very little Falco practice. Actually, I get very little high tier practice except for Doodah's Fox and Marth.

Nexus Crew = 1 Samus 1 Ganon 1 Jiggly 1 Falcon

"Not quite Tier Enough Crew"

edit: new VIDS UP

audreyh

Smash Ace
sighrax, I dont think you double jumped enough against falco. I dont think its really possible to beat a falco that good without some more double jumps. falcon gets ***** when short hopping against falcos lasers. i know you mentioned the double jumping approach. im just reiterating it.

SH NAIR IS THE BEST APPROACH AGAINST FALCO. ;) no lies. Shield (or powersheild) and jump out of shield and sh nair. Suddenly, the falco matchup is tons easier for me. Now I understand that fox is the most difficult matchup. (used to think falco was tied for hardest matchup)

If you don't believe me, watch videos of darkrain vs pcchris, or jiano vs viperboy... I spoke with jiano and he says thats all he does vs falco.

Linguini

Smash Master
Good **** sighrax your falcon is beastly.
lol i was doing pretty good against your falcon on sat. i need to play you again soon.

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
SH NAIR IS THE BEST APPROACH AGAINST FALCO. ;) no lies.
I dont know about that. Its is very inconsistent. If you dont mix it up with double jumps you have nothing. You cant just sheild, nair, and wish for the best. what if you play against a falco that camps and shoots lasers? sh nairs arent goin to to anything. the sh nair only works against aggressive falcos that approach you. Also i dont think those darkrain vs pc chris vids are an indication of anything. Im pretty sure darkrain wouldnt stand a chance against pc chris's falco right now. I dont know if youve seen the mlg championships this year, but pc chris is a lot better than that now.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I'm impressed by your DI sighrax :) Thats soemthing that I need to work on =/
That's all I've got going for me. I'm suicide prone and barely can control my character. (Also, if anyone is wondering: No, I don't double stick DI or anything I just have perfected the angle I guess? :O )

That's what I get for not playing for like 2 weeks and being like, oh my goodness I don't even understand how to hold my controller anymore :[

But, the ditto's are fun as hell imho.

btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-L8fbsrcdw

most innovative falcon punch attempt by me ever thank you

technomancer

Smash Champion
Lol Sighrax stop getting chaingrabbed by Samus.

You had a few nice DIs in that first DL match with Phanna, good stuff.

audreyh

Smash Ace
lol, careful with your DI mid stage and medium low percents... so you don't get double bair'd or... triple knee'd =D that was pretty entertaining

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Lol Sighrax stop getting chaingrabbed by Samus.

You had a few nice DIs in that first DL match with Phanna, good stuff.
lol yeah phanna is crazy. i don't know whether or not i would have lost if he didnt try so much fancy crap :p for some reason my combos weren't really working till a bit later in the evening :/

i just need to practice more often, and now that i don't work 70 hours a week, i will be! :D

lol, careful with your DI mid stage and medium low percents... so you don't get double bair'd or... triple knee'd =D that was pretty entertaining
lol

list of characters i get very little practice against:
falcon
falco
fox
peach
marth

characters i get 0 practice against:
sheik

characters i get a lot of practice against:
samus
ganondorf
jigglypuff

:urg:

also, i think the brinstar match is pretty good with me vs phanna, and then the one SURPRISE HERE IS A FALCON PUNCH pokestadium vid vs gawes (our savior marth on da boards)

audreyh

Smash Ace
I don't get much falcon ditto practice either... I should come to florida haha

but I get massive sheik practice =D <3 that aesis

you should play more sheik and marths... its what makes playing falcon fun they're the easiest to combo =) actually ganon is but w/e

Art?

Smash Journeyman
ROFL @ triple knee... ouch, dude. and on the fourth match on stadium, last stock, GAwes ***** the **** outta that stock and ended it with the up+B, screaming "YES!" as he celebrates in victory. lol, i'm not trying to degrade you; i have the utmost respect in you. you had your moments in those matches and they were fun as hell to watch. mad props, dude. you have a good falcon, just stop SDing kthxbye.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
As a fellow Powdered Toast Man avatar user, I too have respect for you. Like I said (as john-ish as it may sound), I really have been out of the smash loop for a bit. I've been working 70 hours a week and having about 0 free time to play. That will change soon though.

Basically I picked a controller after 2 weeks of not playing and I was like :urg: how do i play :[ :[

So that's the result of 2 days of practice basically. Hopefully me and Wes will record some more matches before he goes back to GA.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
As a fellow Powdered Toast Man avatar user, I too have respect for you. Like I said (as john-ish as it may sound), I really have been out of the smash loop for a bit. I've been working 70 hours a week and having about 0 free time to play. That will change soon though.

Basically I picked a controller after 2 weeks of not playing and I was like :urg: how do i play :[ :[

So that's the result of 2 days of practice basically. Hopefully me and Wes will record some more matches before he goes back to GA.
70!!?...I sure hope thats an exzaggereation... even 50 is alot.

Top Bottom