• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey world!!

vozas

Smash Rookie
So I come from Lisbon, Portugal and own all 3 Smash Bros. Have mained Samus in all 3, to varying levels of success, but even through Brawl's handicaps I believe I still kicked some ass with her.

I have never been in official live or online tournaments, but I've hosted a bunch of events at my place with friends just for fun. Would LOVE to start playing competitively once the Wii U one comes out.

I do not own a Wii U yet but I'll be getting the Mario Kart bundle in a couple of weeks in anticipation of SSB.

I'm an obsessed tennis fan (my favorites being Djokovic, Federer, Azarenka and Sharapova, for those who care) and a huge cinema buff (big Polanski, Fincher, Coppola and Lynch fan here).

So here's to some good discussions and some even better battles :)

Cheers

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
nice to meet you :) also new and planning to go competitive for 3ds...
im a marth main but i used to play samus.
plus samus is going to get INSANELY buffed in ssb4
i also like to play tennis but i dont really watch it that much

vozas

Smash Rookie
nice to meet you :) also new and planning to go competitive for 3ds...
im a marth main but i used to play samus.
plus samus is going to get INSANELY buffed in ssb4
i also like to play tennis but i dont really watch it that much
I play tennis every week but my serve has become embarrassing throughout the years. Got injured when I was like 18 and am very tentative with the motion.

Yeah I agree about Samus getting buffed, it's really obvious from the trailers. But I understand people being cautious with their expectations given how useless Samus was in Brawl. I still mained her there and was pretty dominant against my friends but I had to work 10x as hard as I did in Melee.

Last edited:

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
so true.... zero suit gave her that extra edge in brawl though :) or at least attempted too

Last edited:

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
So I come from Lisbon, Portugal and own all 3 Smash Bros. Have mained Samus in all 3, to varying levels of success, but even through Brawl's handicaps I believe I still kicked some *** with her.

I have never been in official live or online tournaments, but I've hosted a bunch of events at my place with friends just for fun. Would LOVE to start playing competitively once the Wii U one comes out.

I do not own a Wii U yet but I'll be getting the Mario Kart bundle in a couple of weeks in anticipation of SSB.

I'm an obsessed tennis fan (my favorites being Djokovic, Federer, Azarenka and Sharapova, for those who care) and a huge cinema buff (big Polanski, Fincher, Coppola and Lynch fan here).

So here's to some good discussions and some even better battles :)

Cheers
Welcome to SmashBoards Vozas! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey vozas, nice to meet you :)

As a dedicated Samus main, are you a Metroid fan, or did you just enjoy her playstyle since the beginning and simply stuck with her because of that?

And I'm probably with WhiteKnight in that I enjoy playing Tennis, but not really big on watching it. Pretty much the same way I'm with baseball. Only team I watch is the hometown team.

vozas

Smash Rookie
Hey vozas, nice to meet you :)

As a dedicated Samus main, are you a Metroid fan, or did you just enjoy her playstyle since the beginning and simply stuck with her because of that?

And I'm probably with WhiteKnight in that I enjoy playing Tennis, but not really big on watching it. Pretty much the same way I'm with baseball. Only team I watch is the hometown team.
Hey!

Well I'm a huge Metroid fan now, but when SSB for the N64 came out it was probably the one Nintendo series of which I didn't own any game. I would always play Super Metroid at one of my best friend's place so I never really felt the need to buy it at the time. Plus I was obsessed with Zelda the moment I played A Link to the Past the first time as a 6 year old, so that, along with all the Marios and Kirby games would be what I'd ask my parents.

So when I got my hands on the first SSB Samus was basically the character I was least familiar with. But I loved her look and the variety of her projectiles and just stuck with her out of habit I guess. When Metroid Prime came along though I was completely sold to the series, and eventually picked up a mint condition of Super Metroid to play on my old SNES and it has probably become my second favorite Nintendo franchise, second only to Zelda obviously (whose characters I just can't play with in SSB, ironically).

Top Bottom