• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey! Wario can cancel his dash attack to his up smash!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yes, just like Snake and Falco can do, Wario can cancel his dash attack (when it hits them or their shield) into his up smash. How useful is this? No idea, I just did it in training mode, and haven't seen the applications yet. I assume its 100% useless if the dash attack hits (like Falco's) but it may eat through their shield if they block the dash attack. Just a little something to add to Wario's ever-expanding game.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I just recently found this out too. It's hard to hit with both though, but it's good nonetheless. Unfortunately dash attack is one of my least-used moves =[ I just can't connect with it ever lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Falco's isn't usless first of all, at low percents the usmash hits.

Second, this isn't as good with wario imo because aside from his dash not being as good his usmash rarely gets the strong hit and is really easy to DI out of, and the timing is the hardest of the 3 dash usmashes imo.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
It's not entirely useful, if your looking to combo it for damage, it can only be done at low percents. The most useful thing I could think of using it is if you think that your opponent is going to shield your dash attack, they'll probably try to shield grab and get punished by the up smash. It's very situational, but it's a good trick to know when you want to mix things up a bit.

Top Bottom