• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey There.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I'm sorta new here. I made my profile a while ago but I never really starting using this site until recently. I've been playing smash brothers since smash 64. I never really played melee very much, but I'm really interested in the competitive scene for that game. Brawl is actually the game that got me competitively hooked to smash, played it for about 3 years, though, sadly, I never got to play it offline except for a few times with some friends but they are incredibly casual, all items, every stage kind of players. so all of my competitive brawl history has been online. I recently picked up Project Melee and I really like this mod. I actually like it more then I liked brawl itself, and It seems like quite a handful of people agree with me. I actually uploaded a few P:M matches on my Youtube channel if you're interested in watching, its definitely not high level play though..
But lately... Every time I get into the game, I quit soon after. and the reason for that is because I'm easily discouraged. I will watch high level tournament footage and try to imitate it what those guys are doing, but to no avail. When I actually go online to fight a real player, I get destroyed. usually 2-3 stocked. I'm like a childrens book, I'm easily read & very predictable. I try changing my style and use new tactics but nothing seems to work. I just lose and take yet another hit to my confidence, usually leading to me quitting yet again. but strangely enough, despite this, I always come back. I love smash way to much to just give up on it. I just wish I didn't suck so bad. lol
with that all being said I am really excited for this new smash game and I cannot wait to play it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey, well you're at the right place if you're trying to improve, especially if you plan on becoming more active. As I do with everyone else that is looking for improvement, I'll recommended this guide for competitive Smash to you. Follow along through it at a nice pace, find someone or some people to practice with, and you should notice steady improvement over time.

Interested in establishing connections with your local community? You could look into the Florida Smash Facebook social group. Having a look around the Atlantic South sub-forum may be something you want to do as well.

Hope that all starts you off on the right track. Enjoy the forums :)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I'm sorta new here. I made my profile a while ago but I never really starting using this site until recently. I've been playing smash brothers since smash 64. I never really played melee very much, but I'm really interested in the competitive scene for that game. Brawl is actually the game that got me competitively hooked to smash, played it for about 3 years, though, sadly, I never got to play it offline except for a few times with some friends but they are incredibly casual, all items, every stage kind of players. so all of my competitive brawl history has been online. I recently picked up Project Melee and I really like this mod. I actually like it more then I liked brawl itself, and It seems like quite a handful of people agree with me. I actually uploaded a few P:M matches on my Youtube channel if you're interested in watching, its definitely not high level play though..
But lately... Every time I get into the game, I quit soon after. and the reason for that is because I'm easily discouraged. I will watch high level tournament footage and try to imitate it what those guys are doing, but to no avail. When I actually go online to fight a real player, I get destroyed. usually 2-3 stocked. I'm like a childrens book, I'm easily read & very predictable. I try changing my style and use new tactics but nothing seems to work. I just lose and take yet another hit to my confidence, usually leading to me quitting yet again. but strangely enough, despite this, I always come back. I love smash way to much to just give up on it. I just wish I didn't suck so bad. lol
with that all being said I am really excited for this new smash game and I cannot wait to play it.
Welcome! I'm new as well, but I thought I'd try to open myself up to people, and hopefully help you open up too. I'm pretty terrible I think too, and with no one to practice with, I don't really know what to do and what not to do, and put it into practice that well. Of course there is the Beginner's guide that Hokori linked, (which I still need to read, I keep putting it off) I don't know, hopefully that'll help me out, but a part of me wants to wait until Smash 4, so I can learn up with Robin and Lucina, and maybe Zelda as well. I've never fought anyone to a competitive stand, even though I try. Anyway, XD I hope you can learn a lot, as well as myself <3

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Hey, well you're at the right place if you're trying to improve, especially if you plan on becoming more active. As I do with everyone else that is looking for improvement, I'll recommended this guide for competitive Smash to you. Follow along through it at a nice pace, find someone or some people to practice with, and you should notice steady improvement over time.

Interested in establishing connections with your local community? You could look into the Florida Smash Facebook social group. Having a look around the Atlantic South sub-forum may be something you want to do as well.

Hope that all starts you off on the right track. Enjoy the forums :)

Well the thing is. I've got some pretty bad social anxiety in person. I couldn't go out and make connections with my local community. sadly.

Welcome! I'm new as well, but I thought I'd try to open myself up to people, and hopefully help you open up too. I'm pretty terrible I think too, and with no one to practice with, I don't really know what to do and what not to do, and put it into practice that well. Of course there is the Beginner's guide that Hokori linked, (which I still need to read, I keep putting it off) I don't know, hopefully that'll help me out, but a part of me wants to wait until Smash 4, so I can learn up with Robin and Lucina, and maybe Zelda as well. I've never fought anyone to a competitive stand, even though I try. Anyway, XD I hope you can learn a lot, as well as myself <3
And Thank you. We both have a lot to learn it seems! but we'll get better eventually. we just train and not give up!

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Well the thing is. I've got some pretty bad social anxiety in person. I couldn't go out and make connections with my local community. sadly.

And Thank you. We both have a lot to learn it seems! but we'll get better eventually. we just train and not give up!
I've got bad social anxiety as well (as ironic as that is, it is the truth) so I understand. I've never gone to anything either XD Not like I would make it far if I did.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I've got bad social anxiety as well (as ironic as that is, it is the truth) so I understand. I've never gone to anything either XD Not like I would make it far if I did.
Ya Social anxiety can ruin things sometimes. Its pretty much forcing me to Remain an online player even though I would love to go to actual tournaments and events. I think it would be fun.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Ya Social anxiety can ruin things sometimes. Its pretty much forcing me to Remain an online player even though I would love to go to actual tournaments and events. I think it would be fun.
I want to go to tournaments at some point in time xD It's just the people and loud and I might go insane xD

Top Bottom