• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Smashers, it's me, Double Dee!

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
Hey Smashers, it's me, Double Dee... Yes, I repeated the title because I'm weird!

So I have been a Smash Bros. fan since the 64 days and have been playing the series since ever. It's pretty much one of my favorite game series of all time (in case anybody cares, my three favorite game series are Tales, Persona and Smash Bros.). It's just the fact that there's so many characters out there that made me love the series. It's because of this series that I'm now into Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, etc. One thing I love about Smash Bros. is that it introduces characters you may or may not know about and discovery of new things is awesome. Before Smash 64, I only recognized Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Pikachu (yeah, I was that under a rock on the other franchises, including Zelda and Kirby) and now I am glad to say that Smash Bros. really got me into gaming in general.

As for me in the competitive scene, it took me until Brawl to get into it, and it also took me until Brawl to find out that wavedashing and L-cancelling exist in Melee (as you can see, I'm not much of a competitive sort if it took me THAT LONG to even know those exist). That said, don't expect me to be in tournaments so much because I believe I suck competitively... of course, I haven't played competitively much against real people in a tournament to know if I really suck as much as I say I do. I also don't care for tier lists; if a character's playstyle clicks with me, I'll main/sub them (though it now has occurred to me that I tend to be better with the lower tiered characters in most fighting games I've every played... coincidence?).

So yeah, enjoy my weirdness!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That's what I love about Smash Bros. most. It's such a nice collection of Nintendo's history. The game is packed with so much information (that's why I actually love trophies and some of the smaller details about the game that some may not pay much attention to) and it can get hip to a lot of new material with each game.

As for how you're better with low-mid tiers, you probably have the spirit of an underdog. That's my guess anyway :p

Welcome to the forums DoubleDeeEddBoy. I definitely know the cartoon your name comes from :troll:

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
As for how you're better with low-mid tiers, you probably have the spirit of an underdog. That's my guess anyway :p
It happens on almost every fighting game. Day 1, I pick a character I like and I really get into their style and they really click. Then the Tier Lists get released later and then cue my shocked face when I find out my best character is in the tier they are in. Most of my main/subs just happen to be on the lower tiers when I first see the tier list. But I don't care! I spent so much time on the character before seeing it, I'm not dropping them after.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It happens on almost every fighting game. Day 1, I pick a character I like and I really get into their style and they really click. Then the Tier Lists get released later and then cue my shocked face when I find out my best character is in the tier they are in. Most of my main/subs just happen to be on the lower tiers when I first see the tier list. But I don't care! I spent so much time on the character before seeing it, I'm not dropping them after.
Also, due to the amount of people that choose their characters based upon viability/tier lists, your low tiers could surprise others since they'll be unfamiliar with the matchup more often than not.

Top Bottom