• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Luiginite guys...

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Heya guy peoples. So yeah, I was just postin' here to tell you all about a Luigi combo vid I made. Normally I wouldn't tell people on the character specific, but seeing as how there are very few Luigi players/Luigi combo vids, I thought this'n could be kind of an exception so that all of the three Luigi players out there get a chance to watch it.

Anyways, yeah, here's the link to the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63137

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Hey! There are more than three of us.

But, I know what you mean -- very few people really appreciate the awesomeness that is Luigi.

Anyway, thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out. Critiquing will come later, unless Tobias gets to it first. :laugh:

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
I actually liked this vid. Alot of it seemed like it was more of capitalizing on opponent errors, but improv combos are what the weeg is all about. And props on the nadorecovery. Not the best, but I can't do it at all, so it's always impressive.

Gea

Smash Master
<.< You needed the famous double misfire combo in there. Midfire to the edge, then again after being hit away, stage spiking the person. ;.;

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Yo...that was a nice vid, I like how tha tornado was used in yo recovery...I am still working on that. Nice edgeguarding too!!

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Thanks for the awesome comments. Anyways, on the topic, I'm probably going to be able to get the finished version of my combo vid up by the end of this week. I found a few complaints about my competition being 'sub-par' so uhh, if I'm lucky enough I should be able to get some matches with the best crew in Washington.(SKYPAL guys) That should knockout a few complaints-_-. Yeah, so that's that.

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
geez ka-master your my insperation man. i love your luigi style, so very incredible. im slowly learning off your vids n such, getting your style of play pretty well memorized. i can safely say i can impress my friends by 2 and 3 stocking them with my crazy wavedash skills. they get so embarrassed and its very funny. There really good too, they are just not used to luigi being a crazy quick character :p

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
hah, 3 Luigis, and then theres like, 800 Foxes >.>

moving on I'll edit with something usefull after I watch it.
I'm probably going to be able to get the finished version of my combo vid up by the end of this week.
hehe never got it done :p

WAITAMINUTE, this is really old, like REALLY old

/bonk I'm dumb.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
TobiasXK: Yes, I feel it too- double misfires seem more common than they should.

I have a theory, but no AR to test it with. Here goes.

There's an internal clock running on Luigi, and say, one out of every eight seconds, his missiles become misfires. Normally, you wouldn't have the strategic opportunity to press the missile again after a misfire. But even if your were recovering and hit the misfire and went past the stage and needed a second to make it back, it's still unlikely you're in sequence with the internal clock.

It's a stupid theory, I admit. But **** if I don't see a bunch of double misfires. Of course, I try to get them as often as possible.

PRO LUIGI

Smash Rookie
hey ka master, ive seen most of your videos and i wanted 2 kno is.....how do u vid tape it? cuz i dun got a vid camera or mac computer soo..... can pplz give me sum advice, i really want 2 show pplz how good i am but i cant vid tape it.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
3 or 4 Luigis? hmmm
Ultra Luigi
ROFL
Ka-Master
Morb :)
and you guys :):)
but if i name foxes sheiks or marths i'll be going on forever

Anyway
Ka-Master
You're too good with Luigi
watching your combo videos have sure helped me a lot
I've gotten pretty good with Luigi
hopefully we can go Dittos some time eh :)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
hey ka master, ive seen most of your videos and i wanted 2 kno is.....how do u vid tape it? cuz i dun got a vid camera or mac computer soo..... can pplz give me sum advice, i really want 2 show pplz how good i am but i cant vid tape it.
If you have access to a vcr(which, surprisingly a good number of people don't these days) just record the matches on vhs.

You can get a decent VHS to DVD recorder for about 65-85 dollars depending on where you look.

Next all you need is a dvd reader drive on your computer(if you don't have one already) and a program to do the video ripping and converting. I recommend winavi.

Windows Movie maker is just fine for editing.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, i saw that video long time ago, and i learned use luigi by that video, thanks for that ka master, thanks a lot, i realyneet something from learn

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
3 or 4 Luigis? hmmm
Ultra Luigi
ROFL
Ka-Master
Morb :)
and you guys :):)
but if i name foxes sheiks or marths i'll be going on forever
You could play as luigi in this game... Woah!!!

haha just kidding luigi users..

Very cool video Ka- making everyone fear the weeg ehh?

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
Well. About the whole double-mis-firing thing. I think I know the way to do it though it's really buggy and I had it down only for like 3 times in a row. I was practicing it by counting to 3 then letting go at 3, and when you do the second rocket and the same time from one to the next the misfire happens again.

So basically in time mode.

|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
Misfire
Misfire​

The line is the second and the "-"s are the frames inbetween when you misfire. So it's most likely preset in there when you misfire the first time that it resets and your back and a misfire.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And here I was hoping that KaMaster had made another combo video. Curse thee, necromancer!

... *wonders whether puppy eyes would be enough incentive to create a combo video*

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol, maybe someday before Brawl there might be a crew combo vid of me + my crew. We have like millions of footage points. We're just really freaking lazy.

C 3

Smash Ace
There may be "800" foxes, falcos and marths, but once you learn to counter fox, falco and marth, that's 800 foxes, falcos and marths that u can counter ;) sweet deal

Top Bottom