• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, How're things going?

WinAce

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaoticDiscord
I'm a guy who's just recently developed a huge interest from a friend who would constantly slaughter me on Sm4sh. My interest, however, peaked around two weeks ago:

20 minutes from the small town of Dallas, I was basically a lost puppy at my local community college, gotten out of a few bad friendships, basically a complete lonely loner (Not a fun life). I ended up breaking the ice with three people, one of which it turns out, runs the local Smash scene in Salem Oregon! I'm not always able to get together with them or anyone around the scene for that matter due to a lack of car, but I played a few matches of Melee and was completely hooked. I think I've started to practice a half hour a day since then, getting ready for my first local tournament. Two days later, I saw this site on a facebook post, so here I am!

I dont think you're here for my unique and interesting life story, so let's cut to the chase:

Who do I main in Smash 4: Cpt. Falcon because of his campy playstyle and attitude. Pretty much it lmao

Who do I main in Melee: Falco because everyone plays Fox and and i wanna be different, dammit!

Outside Smash, i consider myself a Retrogamer. (Well, Retro-Anything) My collection is pretty darn modest, but for my funds I have a surprising amount to show for it. TV and Movies, and Games are really all I do, even if I'm open-minded about going outside, there just isn't any more people to meet in a town like this, and all my friends are online soooo....

On the upside, if it weren't for being a partial shut-in (even though I'm not), I would never have watched BIll And Ted in the first place, so I'll count my blessings

I also consider myself an Amateur Astronomer. Not really as impressive as it sounds. I just stare in the sky with a chart of stars. It's fun and niche.

This is the first real community I've really came across and seriously explored. I still suck at both games, but I will continue to improve by the day. Not try, not strive, will!

TL;DR: I really, really like 80s movies and astronomy, and Smash saved me from first-world problems

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Phil Time

Smash Cadet
I'm a guy who's just recently developed a huge interest from a friend who would constantly slaughter me on Sm4sh. My interest, however, peaked around two weeks ago:

20 minutes from the small town of Dallas, I was basically a lost puppy at my local community college, gotten out of a few bad friendships, basically a complete lonely loner (Not a fun life). I ended up breaking the ice with three people, one of which it turns out, runs the local Smash scene in Salem Oregon! I'm not always able to get together with them or anyone around the scene for that matter due to a lack of car, but I played a few matches of Melee and was completely hooked. I think I've started to practice a half hour a day since then, getting ready for my first local tournament. Two days later, I saw this site on a facebook post, so here I am!

I am 99% certain that I am more solitary than you are.

I hope that you improve in all of the video games that you want to improve in.

As for myself, I don't have any of the video games in the Super Smash Bros. series anymore.

What I am actually waiting for is the new title for Nintendo Switch.

Most likely, I will actually purchase a Switch for Super Smash Bros.

Top Bottom