• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys!

What Smash game is your favorite?

• Total voters

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Hey guys, I'm Cool Trainer Ace! I've just recently joined Smashboards to learn a bit more about competitive Smash. I was watching some Youtube videos, looking at these amazing players and thinking: "Man, it would be AWESOME if I could play Smash like them." So I dug a bit, watched some tip videos, heard 'Smashboards' a couple thousand times, and here I am!

I currently play Smash 4, my main being is Cloud. I ended up picking Cloud out of the fifty-two other characters probably because I was excited about him coming to Smash for a while, with me having just played a bit of Final Fantasy XII just before I got him in my game. Naturally, I was really, really happy with the character. He was just the coolest thing to me, and seeing all the limit break attacks in Smash and comparing them to FFXII was really neat. I do in fact plan on attending tournaments, but it probably won't be for a while... Oh well. I'm also a huge Pokemon fan, and Nintendo fan in general. Not to say I don't like my fair share of other games as well.

But enough about that, time for a little about me! Basically, my interests are video games ninety-percent of the time, but I actually enjoy writing fantasy stories. I've flown through ideas like nobody's business, but I've finally settled on one. I won't cover it in this thread, and it's still a work in progress, so I won't bore you to death ;). Other than that there's really only a few other things that interest me, those things being music (mostly orchestral, jazz, and video game soundtracks), and a tiny bit of anime. By a tiny bit, I mean five shows. Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~, Fairy Tail, RWBY, Attack on Titan, and Sword Art Online. All really good in their own right, with Braves and RWBY being two I highly recommend.

Anyway, that's basically all you really need to know about me (or all I'm willing to give you anyway :p), and I hope to meet and possibly befriend some of you in my time on here!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Welcome to Smashboards fellow Cloud main! :4cloud:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards!
Well, about the little poll that you have made for this thread, I personally voted for Smash 4. Although I do recognize it has a lot of flaws, it is my favourite game when all I want to do is play 1v1 with friends. It also has by far the best roster to me and I love some of the newcomers, you can probably guess my favourite, heh.

_gold_

Smash Master
Welcome to the SWF Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace ! Sounds like you're a gamer, so in that case you should fit in here quite well!

Concerning the poll, I too voted Smash 4. I was grown up on 64, but to me Smash 4 is like the pinnacle of the series. Beautiful 60fps graphics, huge roster which includes new and classic video game icons, and overall a very well balanced game. But we should definitely play sometime!

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards!
Well, about the little poll that you have made for this thread, I personally voted for Smash 4. Although I do recognize it has a lot of flaws, it is my favourite game when all I want to do is play 1v1 with friends. It also has by far the best roster to me and I love some of the newcomers, you can probably guess my favourite, heh.
Hmm... You're favorite is Wario, right? xD

Welcome to the SWF Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace ! Sounds like you're a gamer, so in that case you should fit in here quite well!

Concerning the poll, I too voted Smash 4. I was grown up on 64, but to me Smash 4 is like the pinnacle of the series. Beautiful 60fps graphics, huge roster which includes new and classic video game icons, and overall a very well balanced game. But we should definitely play sometime!
Agreed. And I may not be all that great yet, but that would be cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Of course, how can anybody not love Wario!
Truer words have never been spoken.

WAHAHA! - Wario
But in all seriousness, back when I first started playing Smash 4, Lucina was by and far my best character. Right next to Kirby and Duck Hunt.

But then I found Roy, and then Cloud... so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I'm a little late but welcome to Smashboards! Have a good one!!

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
IT'S-A WE!
WARIO!
HAHAHA!

Damn, I used to really like Wario, but I never played as him. I never played as anybody but Mario until Smash 4, really.
New But in all seriousness, back when I first started playing Smash 4, Lucina was by and far my best character. Right next to Kirby and Duck Hunt.
Lucie is good. Not perfect, not High Tier material or anything, but workable. She's also really fun to play as.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
IT'S-A WE!
WARIO!
HAHAHA!

Damn, I used to really like Wario, but I never played as him. I never played as anybody but Mario until Smash 4, really.

Lucie is good. Not perfect, not High Tier material or anything, but workable. She's also really fun to play as.
Hey, at least Lucina has a working recovery. Cloud's is one step higher than Mac's without limit break :laugh:. I cope with it for the sake of one heck of a cool character. (Landing Finishing Touch is the most satisfying things ever in Smash)

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Cloud is cool, too, yeah. I don't use him all that much, I don't have the DLC, so it's not like I can train much with him.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Cloud is cool, too, yeah. I don't use him all that much, I don't have the DLC, so it's not like I can train much with him.
And as much as I liked Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening and how good I was with her in the beginning, I haven't touched her in a long time... I think I'm going to have to pay a visit to Lucie again.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Welcome Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace to Smash Boards, enjoy your stay here and have a Great Time in the Boards. :seuss:

:bluejump:

Its Great to have you on Board I wish you the best of Luck with Everything and I See You Around in the Forum. :seuss:

:colorful: Happy New Year Cool :colorful:

Note: Cool try to don't double post which mean posting in a row is against the rule here if You want add/say something more use edit button for this. :)

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Welcome @Cool Trainer Ace to Smash Boards, enjoy your stay here and have a Great Time in the Boards. :seuss:

:bluejump:

Its Great to have you on Board I wish you the best of Luck with Everything and I See You Around in the Forum. :seuss:

:colorful: Happy New Year Cool :colorful:

Note: Cool try to don't double post which mean posting in a row is against the rule here if You want add/say something more use edit button for this. :)
Thanks! And thanks for the heads-up as well. Didn't know that. Whoops. *Goes to look at rules again*

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace , please try and avoid double posting (posting consecutively back to back without other posts in between). Instead, try using the edit button to add material. This way, we avoid clutter on threads. :)

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Hey Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace , please try and avoid double posting (posting consecutively back to back without other posts in between). Instead, try using the edit button to add material. This way, we avoid clutter on threads. :)
I'm already aware (Rage NF was here a few minutes ago to let me know), but thank you. I'll stray from doing that in the future.

Top Bottom