• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys!!

solskenslakt

Smash Rookie
NNID
monsieurrorro
3DS FC
2509-4165-5099
'Ello there mates.

So, lately I had been thinking of becoming more of an "active" Smash Bros player/user/wat and actually joining a forum or finding fellow fans online and whatnot. I found this forum via Reddit. I don't really know what else to say so I'll just sort of follow the mini guide displayed in another thread.

Okay, so the first Smash game I played was Melee, to which I was introduced to by my childhood best friend. I started playing with Pikachu and then Zelda. Eventually I played the original Smash as well and as I became more of a Nintendo fan I got Brawl and most recently Smash for Wii U. I also main Zelda in those. I still have to get Smash for 3DS but I've got no cash as of now.

I'm, like, really bad at talking about myself and my interests but I guess I can just be vague and say that I'm mainly into music and other arts, video games (duh), Tumblr (yes, the shame) and I suppose mentioning the rest would be unnecessary? I mean, if anything just ask me whatever, I guess.

Aaaanyway, in conclusion, hello there everyone, what's up?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Hello There! Welcome to Smashboards. Can help but greet another Zelda Main. She's my main ever since I saw eyes on the Princess of Hyrule Kingdom. The Princess of Mushroom Kingdom; Peach is tailing her often tied but Zelda is my top #1. I ain't the best player with very bad winning percent but Zelda gives me the most fun while playing. Nice to see a fellow Zeldian come new. What can I say about her? Each character has a topic for themselves in every game. I suggest visiting them in each game you Main her so you find out all proper info. There's many good people her to play with and I specifically came her looking for guidance on her. It's been a good experience. I hope you have one too. Hope to see you around. Good Luck.

solskenslakt

Smash Rookie
NNID
monsieurrorro
3DS FC
2509-4165-5099
Thank you, ValiantNorth and StarForce! :)

Hello There! Welcome to Smashboards. Can help but greet another Zelda Main. She's my main ever since I saw eyes on the Princess of Hyrule Kingdom. The Princess of Mushroom Kingdom; Peach is tailing her often tied but Zelda is my top #1. I ain't the best player with very bad winning percent but Zelda gives me the most fun while playing. Nice to see a fellow Zeldian come new. What can I say about her? Each character has a topic for themselves in every game. I suggest visiting them in each game you Main her so you find out all proper info. There's many good people her to play with and I specifically came her looking for guidance on her. It's been a good experience. I hope you have one too. Hope to see you around. Good Luck.
And, yaaasss. Thanks! It's always nice to meet other Zelda fans. For me it was exactly the same, I mean, I started off with Pikachu because I was, like, little and already knew him (still love him, though) but then I noticed Zelda and I was just like "mhmm". I rarely use Peach but I think she's a very good character as well! She's surprisingly strong. My sister used to play with Peach while I played with Zelda so that was nice. For me Zelda at first attracted me because I really liked her appearance (not as in attracted to her, though); I was immediately interested by her. Then as I learnt more about her and The Legend of Zelda itself, I just loved her further.

I did notice that every character has their own topic, but I'm still a little bit lost. I used to be on forums a lot but it's been years since I've visited any regularly and feel like I've reacquired my 'forum virginity'. From what I've seen, it does seem like an awesome place with nice and funny people. I do believe I'll have a good experience as well. Thank you again! And hope to see you around as well :D.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

StarForce

Smash Ace
I also liked Zelda Physically how she looked. Not in a woman kind of style thou she looks pretty nice as one but more as the character. She seldom smiles as she is mostly under pressure except during happier times Like Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks. Otherwise she is calm an serious but wise. I like that. She's also a gal that is mostly covered so there's really no eye candy which helps me express how I like her for her looks and not for a body. My first ever Zelda game was Ocarina of time and so I kinda started liking her. Thou being Link t save her was the coolest thing haha. Then I decided to try her in Smash and I liked her moves. I adapted and made myself sure and convinced she'd be my main from now on. I suck badly at the game but she gives me wins mostly offline and all the fun I would like playing Smash. Peach is a little on the contrast side as I see Peach more kid like. Like a little girl. Oh I hate her side taunt I never use it online. She sounds so dumb lol. I use her more seriously that for fun so i never use that taunt. I'm also more aggressive with Peach than Zelda as I am more patient with Zelda. (Zelda's a Magical girl unlike Peach) My loses come for being too passive with Zelda and being too reckless with Peach. >.< What a mix ehh? I never had an interest in peach but once I tried her she kinda fitted with me in place like a tetris block. Ever since I've mained her whenever Zelda is on break. That's pretty much the story of them two. Of course I have many more characters. The signature has most others prominent in my play but not mains with Rosalina being my third lagging main as I am blackhole sized bad with her.

solskenslakt

Smash Rookie
NNID
monsieurrorro
3DS FC
2509-4165-5099
Super late but thanks guys, to the others who posted (btw the sheep and the bear are adorable).

I also liked Zelda Physically how she looked. Not in a woman kind of style thou she looks pretty nice as one but more as the character. She seldom smiles as she is mostly under pressure except during happier times Like Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks. Otherwise she is calm an serious but wise. I like that. She's also a gal that is mostly covered so there's really no eye candy which helps me express how I like her for her looks and not for a body. My first ever Zelda game was Ocarina of time and so I kinda started liking her. Thou being Link t save her was the coolest thing haha. Then I decided to try her in Smash and I liked her moves. I adapted and made myself sure and convinced she'd be my main from now on. I suck badly at the game but she gives me wins mostly offline and all the fun I would like playing Smash. Peach is a little on the contrast side as I see Peach more kid like. Like a little girl. Oh I hate her side taunt I never use it online. She sounds so dumb lol. I use her more seriously that for fun so i never use that taunt. I'm also more aggressive with Peach than Zelda as I am more patient with Zelda. (Zelda's a Magical girl unlike Peach) My loses come for being too passive with Zelda and being too reckless with Peach. >.< What a mix ehh? I never had an interest in peach but once I tried her she kinda fitted with me in place like a tetris block. Ever since I've mained her whenever Zelda is on break. That's pretty much the story of them two. Of course I have many more characters. The signature has most others prominent in my play but not mains with Rosalina being my third lagging main as I am blackhole sized bad with her.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, I mean sure, she's beautiful as a woman and whatnot but yeah, it's definitely something more than that. I actually really like that about her, she's a pretty serious gal (at least in her Twilight Princess incarnation, which is my favourite). I also loved her in Skyword Sword, obviously, as she was sweet and upbeat, and I've yet to play Spirit Tracks, sadly, but from what I've seen she's pretty cute (personality-wise; it's a given she's cute in any game tbh). And regarding the eye candy thing, I love that she's not sexualised or anything like that, it adds to her appeal for me.

Obviously playing as Link is amazing and I don't think I'd have it any other way in actual Zelda games. I think I said it up there, that I first tried her in Melee, too, and loved her! And don't say that, I'm sure you're better than you think :). I myself as of now am doubting how good I am at Smash but in the end it's more about having fun than anything and, besides, practise makes perfect.

Actually Peach is pretty relevant for me not only because, duh, Mario in general is relevant but because growing up my sister always used her (not only in Smash but also in Mario titles like Mario Kart/Party), so I see her as 'a friend' to put it some way. Also because Peach and Zelda are for many people obvious friends I guess? I do like seing some rivalry between them, though. Back to Peach, I'd have to say she's a pretty cool character to use, definitely made more for aggressive play, eh? She's quite strong and her flying ability makes things quite interesting. I think she's awesome too but I seldom use her given the fact that I never really use anyone but Zelda (trying to change that!).

When it comes to Rosalina I have mixed feelings (not regarding the character itself, because in that sense I find her great). Like, whenever I've tried using her I suck badly so I feel like she's not that good but lately I've just come to the conclusion that I'm just bad because she seems pretty good otherwise. I guess what makes her difficult to use for me is how floaty she is?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Rosalina is aposition character and a puppet master. it all depends on were you place Luma and how well you can use Luma to your advantage. Rosalina has much trouble when alone. Specifically agins't physical only or brutes if she is alone for example vs any of the sword Fire Emblems Marth Lucina and Ike, for most players Rosy has problem when alone as her neutral B up B down B and side B's do nothing against them and others like Shulk or Mac. Rosalina is solely on her own using Smashes regular moves or tilts in the air. Thou a very skilled player will come afloat adding grabs and combo juggles but for those who are not experienced with Rosy, being lonely without Luma will hamper them. Rosy is not helpless on her own it just makes it harder for her but she can still hold her own alone. I've decided to declare Kirby my old 64 main a main again as well as Mewtwo and Lucina so i have 6 mains and those are final now. I'm also collecting amiibos of all my mains Now I need Lucina and Mewtwo as I have a Zelda, Peach, Rosalina and Kirby amiibos. Lucina seems troublesome to get. Mewtwo will be nigh impossible to obtain I'm sure of it.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Well welcome to the forums and have a BIZZARE time! I'm sure you'll meet a bunch of people!

solskenslakt

Smash Rookie
NNID
monsieurrorro
3DS FC
2509-4165-5099
Rosalina is aposition character and a puppet master. it all depends on were you place Luma and how well you can use Luma to your advantage. Rosalina has much trouble when alone. Specifically agins't physical only or brutes if she is alone for example vs any of the sword Fire Emblems Marth Lucina and Ike, for most players Rosy has problem when alone as her neutral B up B down B and side B's do nothing against them and others like Shulk or Mac. Rosalina is solely on her own using Smashes regular moves or tilts in the air. Thou a very skilled player will come afloat adding grabs and combo juggles but for those who are not experienced with Rosy, being lonely without Luma will hamper them. Rosy is not helpless on her own it just makes it harder for her but she can still hold her own alone. I've decided to declare Kirby my old 64 main a main again as well as Mewtwo and Lucina so i have 6 mains and those are final now. I'm also collecting amiibos of all my mains Now I need Lucina and Mewtwo as I have a Zelda, Peach, Rosalina and Kirby amiibos. Lucina seems troublesome to get. Mewtwo will be nigh impossible to obtain I'm sure of it.
That's something I've noticed about her, I've always thought she has awesome potential given her 'dual' type of fighting style. And I do guess it makes sense that she's left sort of helpless without Luma but I'm pretty sure one can figure something out. Isn't she near the top on the tier list, actually? I think from all you've told me I'm going to give her a try (which I had already done but to no avail) and see how I manage. I also really like that she and Luma are a team as is the Duck Hunt Duo.

And uuugh don't get me started on amiibos. I have none because everywhere I've seen them the only available ones are characters I honestly don't really care for. I hope you find the ones you need to finally own all your mains!

Well welcome to the forums and have a BIZZARE time! I'm sure you'll meet a bunch of people!
Thanks! I really haven't been active at all because I'm not exactly sure where to start. Any advice?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to
!!

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Brawl
Project M
3DS
WiiU

Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters.
Smash 4
Project M
Brawl
Melee

Character guides can be found here.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ , @Trieste SP and @ Cyn Cyn

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
"Thanks! I really haven't been active at all because I'm not exactly sure where to start. Any advice?"

Well just find any thread that you like or start a thread on a topic you wanna go over that's what I usually do anyway.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks! I really haven't been active at all because I'm not exactly sure where to start. Any advice?
You can browse around in forums that you're interested in and join in/start your own discussion topic like Smasher suggested.

If you want to talk Smash, we have plenty of areas for that, just depends on the game you're primarily focused on. In your case, I'd assume that it would be Smash Wii U.

As for more casual chat, socials are a great place to start if you're looking to get more of a relaxed feel of the community here.

Smash 4 Social: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-earthbound-day.397024/page-560#post-19167758

Outside of that would be the Pool Room, which Cyndane linked you too.

And if you ever decide to go Premium, one of the features will include a Premium exclusive forum where you talk about any and everything (well...almost). Probably the most chillax section around, but of course, everyone doesn't know that :p

Aside from all that, I also recommend for users to stick around in Meet & Greet. New people drop in daily so it's always nice to chat with people who might share your first-day experience and are looking for new friends, etc. So you can welcome people, help them out, and socialize all at the same time :)

Hope all that helps. Look forward to seeing you around more!

Top Bottom